Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: How to make a folder private?

I have 2 users on my computer me as a administrator and my bro but I donít want him to see all my files so can I make it private some way ? I have my 40G spit in 2 C, and D.
    D is my backup and I want that file to be private is it possible?

Thanks for envy help itís appreciated Ď
    Cheers
    :spam:
    .oOo.:VOlcOm:.oOo.

try right clicking on the folder, go to the security tab then adjust the setting there. if you don't have the security tab go to the tool menu > folder options > view, in the scroll box, go to the bottom and untick "use simple file sharing".

Andy.

Do make sure you have your drive formatted as NTFS.
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

And would any one here know how to stay connected to the net while logging off the Administrator account to a different one whit out dial up again??? It work fine yesterday but not to day!!! Always when I switched the accounts yesterday it was steel connected to the net so no more dial up that was cool but not enymore!!!!

:cry:

If any one knows please tell me cheers :thumb:

i seem to remember something about this in the networking and internet forum a while ago, try a search for it

Na Couldnít find it

your other question has been answered

in regard to the privacy setting, as mentioned, first make sure you have the drive formatted as ntfs - go to windows explorer and right-click on the drive you want to check (eg.D:\) and choose properties, it will come up with the pie graph thing and in the information provided it should say "type: local disk" and also "file system: ntfs"
    if you have then i would also assume simple folder sharing is enabled. easiest thing for you to do would really be to move your mydocuments folder to the D:\ and then make the folder private using the XP wizards.
    if you want to move my documents, simple open windows explorer and right-click the my documents folder and select properties, from there you can relocate the folder which will then ask you if you want to move your files to the new location, which you go ahead and let it do.
    if you want to make the folder private with the xp wizard, go back to the properties of my documents then, and choose the sharing tab, there should be an option to "make this folder private" if you do so then other users will be unable to access that folder/drive/location.
    sKuLLsHoT
    www.morb.ath.cx

Thread Information