Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fire Wall ??

Hi I was looking for some fire wall program for my pc so I know if someone is trying to hack it! And if so I want to know the Ip address I heard of 1 program which is about 5-6mb big and it called Zone alarm or something like that?
    Any way if you guys know enything lat me know and if you have a link for it that be cool man!!!!

Cheers!!!!
    :spam:
    .oOo.:VOlcOm:.oOo.

Black ice is another good one.....as so I've heard. My aunt has that on her PC and it does show IP listings comming in from all sorts of different ports so I guess you if you were hacked you can either report them.........or melt 'em :laugh:

I have downloaded and now I cant go to Hotmail Inbox

Beefy Guest

Firstly, forget Black Ice. It's nowhere near as good as ZoneAlarm.

Secondly, if you don't know how a firewall works, then I suggest you don't install one, especially along the lines of ZoneAlarm. Chances are you've probably just blocked traffic from certain sources, or ticked a box you shouldn't have, that is stopping you from accessing Hotmail.

I have been using Sygate Personal Firewall for a year now with no problems, but I am with beefy on this one.
    If you don't know where to click when it asks you for permissions then you are better off without a firewall. I like Sygate cos its lighter than Zone Alarm on your system resources and doesn't mess with your system when you try to un-install it (There have been instances of such thing). Both will provide you with IP addresses of anyone who tries to breach into your security but Zone Alarm is far ahead as compared to any other firewall in market right now.
    I would say try Sygate if you are new to firewalls but if you insist on getting something better than go for Zone Alarm
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Yeah Iam new to fire walls but thanx for all your help cheers :spam: :thumb:

I'm afraid I'm going to have to voice a differing opinion.

If you don't know how to use a firewall, then get 1 (I too reccomend ZoneAlarm - the free version works well) and learn how to use it.
    There are help sections on the ZA website, feel free to use them as they are there for your benefit.

To say "I don't know how to be reasonably safe on the internet, so I just won't bother." is utterly lame and inexcusable.
    There are resources available, like this post on the ZA forum which may be helpful;
    http://forums.zonelabs.com/zonelabs/...ss+hotmail#M68

I hope that helps, if not then get back to us and we'll see if we can work this out.

Keeping your computer safe helps everyones else's computer too:cool:
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Beefy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. C
    To say "I don't know how to be reasonably safe on the internet, so I just won't bother." is utterly lame and inexcusable.
    There are resources available... etc
    I didn't quite mean it like that. What I was trying to get at was that if you don't understand what a firewall does exactly, and how it works, then it's more a hinderance than a benefit...

Perhaps.
    My point, which I'm happy that you got, was that this individual came here in good faith asking for assistance.
    True, TT has no written guarantee that we can help, but, "If you don't know, just let it go." isn't quite what I would consider to be an acceptable response.

Wassup man? I hoped someone else had taken over your workstation and was posting in your name - because you normally do lightyears beyond your initial post in this thread:?:

aah well, we all have those bad days: peace2:
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

What you mean Mr. C :thumb:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information