Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: grr

can someone give me a link or explain how to connect one computer to another using crossover cable and be able to acces the internet threw that computer i have a weird set up ultimatly threw a router, i'll attempt to draw this out

Cable Modem
    |
    |
    ///ROUTER///
    / \
    / \
    COMP1 Comp2
    /
    crossover cable
    /
    Comp3

If it is not clear, i need comp3 to connect to comp 2 and be able to use the interenet, i currently don't run static IP or anything and i'm completly lost!:grr: :grr: if someone doesn't mind pointing me in the right direction it would be very appreciated.:grr:

that drawing didn't come out as i'd hoped but the way it goes is cable is connected to router obviously router to comp1 and comp2. Comp 3 is connected to comp2 via Crossover cable. The problem is connecting to the internet on comp3 through comp2...BTW comp2 is win2k comp 3 is 98, would updating to 2k help this (obviously NT based OS is better at networking) but i dunno after all i'm the stupid one here..heh

Thread Information