Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Whey is your hub/switch/router????

OK, My network is gonna grow by 2 or 3 more computers by the end of the month. So far i got 16 port hub that connects 5 systems. I currently have the hub sitting under my monitor stand, so i can see all the cool lights and stuff. but, I was wondering where you guys have your hubs/switches, etc. So lets see some pics!! I need some ideas.

BTW I'm too broke to get a rack and mount it all there, so please dont tease me!

As much as I would like to have the equipment in my room next to my puter......I"m not aloud becuase I'm still living with my parents and its THERE dsl. and THERE hub/router.

In my dad's room we have the DSL modem just sitting on his computer tower right above where the power supply is. Under his desk laying on the floor on its side next to a few outlet strips and a bunch of other stuff we have a 4 port router.

OTHER SIDE OF THE HOUSE.........in my parents closet mounted on the wall behind clothes next to the big box for the alarm system's computer.....we have a 5 port hub......... No pictures at the moment but if you really want them..........ya can get 'em.

I've got an 8 port switch sitting on top of the KVM in my room. the 8 port switchs gets interent feed via cable modem and an old compaq 386 [which acts as my firewall, thank god for linux]. 3 PCs are on the KVM, 1 port free for when i'm forced to work on someone else's box. then I have a wireless bridge acting as an access point for my laptops. also theres 2 network cables running down a duct [1 to the living room and 1 to the basement] for emergencies.

:group:

From my server a gigabit connection to 9 port switch (1x 1000 port and 8x 10/100 ports) to 1x 5 port 10/100 switch in 2nd loungeroom and 2x 8 port 10/100 switches in shop with room to grow once a connection or two is made to the garden shed out back. :devil win

1 Orinoco RG 1000 wireless gateway which acts as a hub for 3 comps and 1 gigafast 4 port router that my cable modem is connected to.

Thread Information