Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: sharing printer need help

I think i need step by step help on this I got home networking on both computers ,Do both computers need to be sharing or just the one with printer on it, My cable hook up is 2 computers go to a hub. The computer with out the printer on it when i click on network neighbour then my network it can't find my other computer. I have both computers on the same work group, My systems are windows ME and windows 98 SE iv'e got the printer on windows 98SE Also do both computers need to be the same IP address and subnet. The computer with the printer the winipcfg just says oooooo's in the ip and subnet tried to set them but they keep going back to ooooo's I tried every thing and now im seeking help PLEASE Thanks to any one who replys.:wow:
    Ps when it askes for a path name what should i put in there

well you will get much more help in networking forum so i will relocate you there but i would like to tell you that both computers need to have different and valid IP address.
    whatever subnet mask you put in there should be same on both PC's. usually it is 255.255.255.0
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

I got it to work all that was wrong was my fire wall was on and wouldn't let me connect to my other computer. I guess we learn as we go along.
    Thanks to every one who Replied to my post Budlite.

Thread Information