Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sharing my burner

Hi can some one tell me how i can share my burner I have home networking set sharing files and what not set the sharing for my E drive witch is my burner . The other computer reconizes that there's a cd in it but it won't run the drive I have nero on both computers. Thanks to who Replys:wow:

Here's something that might work. Go to Windows Explorer on the machine without the burner and map the cd/rw drive on the other machine. I have found in the past that this will allow some programs to recognize networked drives. I don't know if it will work for this though, but give it a try.

Well I tried mapping the drive that didn't work. Thanks for your reply. I guess I'll just wait and see if some one can give me some more info on the situation im in.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjackusa
    Here's something that might work. Go to Windows Explorer on the machine without the burner and map the cd/rw drive on the other machine. I have found in the past that this will allow some programs to recognize networked drives. I don't know if it will work for this though, but give it a try.
    You have to be on the machine w. burner to map.
    the machine w.o burner has to have sharing turned on.
    so:
    Go to the machine w. burner.
    Map the drive.
    Start nero
    Go to the newly mapped drive.
    Select files
    Burn

Thats how I do it at work! I do this about 1-2 times a week!
    it works.

Quote Originally Posted by kane2g
    You have to be on the machine w. burner to map.
    the machine w.o burner has to have sharing turned on.
    so:
    Go to the machine w. burner.
    Map the drive.
    Start nero
    Go to the newly mapped drive.
    Select files
    Burn

Thats how I do it at work! I do this about 1-2 times a week!
    it works.

Well when i go on the computer with burner and go to map drive the drop down box starts at F and won't let me map the drive which is E all the letters before F are used. What do i do now?:snip:

kane2g

I just now went with the computer that I am on to Windows explorer, highlighted a drive on another computer on my network (that is shared by that computer), right clicked, chose "map network drive" and a window popped up with the network path to the drive already fillled in and offering to make the drive "Z" on this machine. I have always mapped drives from the machine that I wanted to have access with. It has worked since Win 3.11 for Workgroups (then you had to type in the network path). In maping another network drive from this machine, it offered to set it up as drive "Y" on this machine. I'm using winxp on this machine.

First of all. I hate WinXP's built in burner! I dont use it.
    I use Nero!
    Since Nero doesnt see the network, you need to map the path to the files that you want to burn. So if your files are in //noburner/myfolder Map that as any available drive in the system w. burner. That way Nero will see it. than you just go into drive (fill your new letter here) and select the files you want.

Bigjack
    Go to Windows Explorer on the machine without the burner and map the cd/rw drive on the other machine.
    That will allow you to see the drive on the system with burner, right?? You wont actually be able to burn to disc, unless maybe you have the built in XPburn thing, but I wouldnt know about that one.
    Hope this helps

kane2g

Budlite wants to use Nero from the machine w/o the burner. The way I saw it was that the only possibility was to map the drive to that machine so that maybe Nero would see it as a local drive. He could do as you suggested, but then he would have to be on the other machine. You'd hope that if Nero could see the files accross the network with a mapped drive, it could see the burner the other way as well.

Sounds like you need NeroNET.

Doh!
    must have missed that part about burning form non-cdrw system.
    No wonder something wasnt clicking right!!!

Good link, i didnt know there was such thing as NeroNet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information