Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Bloody Belkin

Has anyone here successfully set up a belkin wireless network using the wireless access point and network usb card and notebook NIC card?

As im am having an absolute nightmare with mine, i keep thinking iv got it working and then it all goes "pete tong"

Iv spent a fortune on this gear and im determined not to give up!

NEED HELP PLEEEEZ:cheers:

Main problems are configuring network(works okay sometimes then other times the network doesnt recognise other parts of the network e.g.notebook)

And connecting to the net (sometimes when trying to connect with my main pc it crashes)

Have tried everything i can think of, updated drivers etc

Wireless can still be very temperamental at times - do you have any other hardware in the house (wireless stuff) which runs on the same frequency (2.4GHz ~ 5GHz)?
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Are you using 802.11b? Tried all the channels? Tried moving the access point around? How are IP addresses handled? Anything else on the network, i.e. broadband modem, router?

Im not running with `belkin` equipment, but I had similar problems with my wireless network

I had to have the NWLink NetBIOS (XP) & NWLink IPX/SPX/NetBIOS Compatible Transport Protocols (XP) installed as well as the usual TCP/IP before the network would stabalise.

OK Folks, its been a while since i posted this topic!, but i was unable to reach tweaktown (kept gettin page not availible-server probs???) for most of the week, I have finally managed to get the network up and running thanks to the folks at tweakxp (hope you dont mind me mentioning them!) turns out it wasnt the equipment that that was causing the probs(apologies to belkin!) it was ZONE ALARM DOH!!

However the problem i have now is that i cant get ics to work!!
    Any tips gratefully recieved - as usual

I have all my settings as obtain IP automatically

The broadband connection is set to shared on the host, and i have no firewall software running

Thr network connection wizard just seems to screw everything up

When i click on internet explorer on the client i just get server not found/DNS error

PS If anyone gets any belkin wireless networking kit eg. access point, usb adapter DONT INSTALL THE DRIVERS ON THE CD, (thats what kept crashing my main pc when i tried to connect to the net) go to www.belkin.co.uk and download the new drivers and install the software separately. The drivers supplied with the equipment gave me loads of probs crashing my pc , screwing up my adsl modem drivers.

:cheers:

Thread Information