Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: The Belkin Blues... HELLLLPPP!!!!

I picked up a wireless router, PCMCIA card and two PCI cards. The info on the router indicates an indoor range of 260 ft at 5.5 mbps.

I set up the hardware with no problem... installed the software with no problem.

The problem is that their doesn't seem to be any location I can put the router where all 3 computers will hear it.

When two computers in one room connect, the third computer in a room about 25 ft away can't pick up the router signal. When that computer picks up the router (by moving the router to different locations) the two computers in the first room can't pick up the signal.

Any suggestions would certainly be appreciated!

without spending anymore $$? just keeping trying different locations until you find one that works.

or you can get another access point to increase signal strength in the dead areas
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Pick one of the computers and change the wireless card to a USB client with a longer cable. Then play with the position for maximal reception.

I had this same problem with one computer on my wireless network and finally got it to work by positioning it so it can point the USB client towards the open door of the room. (makes no sense but it works!)

I also positioned my access point near the open door of the room it is set up in.

i had major probs with with my belkin setup till i updated the drivers!, hope this helps i feel your pain!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tranceboy
    i had major probs with with my belkin setup till i updated the drivers!, hope this helps i feel your pain!!!!!
    I'll be trying this later this week, and will keep you informed. Thanx!

Well...

What I didn't know is, that, according to Belkin, the AP has to be hard wired to the router. That, of course, sucks on a vairety of levels, given the alleged "wireless" aspect of this set up.

That said, I hard-wired the two (50 ft of cable with 2 J45 connectors) and the other locations immediately came up.

End of problem... for now.

Thread Information