Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Windows XP Home Networking Guide

hi.
    this post will be my third time posting on a message board. my previous posts (both on this thread) have gone unanswered and i dont know why. if im doing something wrong would someone please let me know. :confused: :( :confused:

Quote Originally Posted by [size=6
    troubled mind[/size]]
    hi.
    this post will be my third time posting on a message board. my previous posts (both on this thread) have gone unanswered and i dont know why. if im doing something wrong would someone please let me know. :confused: :( :confused:
    I'm sorry about the lack of responce ya getting but I just use M$'s ICS and have no probs with the other computer connecting but I'll see if I can get someone knowledgable on the subject to help ya. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

ok troubled Mind,

My first question is why are u using a proxy program, because u might just be better off using ICS

I used to use wingate, it was a pain in the arse to setup (its not as bad as it used to be) but when it was working it worked really well (alot better than ICS)

does the program you are using have any firewall technolgy in it? because it might be blocking you.

I've also seen some proggies that only share HTML/FTP but don't allow you to run other protocols such as what is required to play a game online.

have u got a link to the website where the proggy is from (i'm being lazy and can't bothered to search for it)

thx kheldar,

the proxy comes from AnalogX: http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network.htm

i really dont know much about networking and just used this proxy 'cause it was the first thing i tried that worked at all. it lists what protocols it supports but i dont know which ones i need for gaming. what do u use to connect your network to the internet?

"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind."
    - Humphrey Bogart.

Quote Originally Posted by skullshot

i have been told repeatedly by retailers that the HOME version of XP is NOT NETWORKABLE - hence such problems occur ^^

correct me if i'm wrong please, so i can inform the networks that they only need XP Home not Pro
    You're wrong there bud. I'm sharing internet, files, print and everything with XP home...

thanks for the help guys, but i think im just going to give up and install windows xp on my second system.

reality is an illusion, albeit, a very persistant one. -Albert Einstein

^ Not my post ^ :(

Mr. Tweak, you are from Chicago???? WTH?

Newbie Tweaker?

umm.... having a security issue?

hmmm....now you are not registered....Weird

that "mr. tweak" unregistered post was by me. I typed in my name and password in the post. I have no idea how that happened, but its kinda wierd.

Yeah it seems to be a problem when mainly logging in at the post reply page so if ppl who need to login can do it at the forum main page for the momment until we find what is causing this it will be a great help. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information