Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hiding IP address

ok, how can I stop a website administrator (any website, not just a specific one - lol!) from viewing my IP address?

am interested from a privacy point of view.

Well it ain't always easy I can tell ya, what type of internet connection are you using girl.. :?:

You could for example use a false anonymous proxy.. But this method is only temporary and you will have to check it very often.

However this metod is often used by people who are trying to access/hack sites etc without leaving any trace or some other less legal activity..:cool:

Before we talk more of this let's hear if any admins dislike it..

She was probably at some other site and gave the poor admin a bad time so he blocked her ip and she wants to get back in. :rofl:

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    She was probably at some other site and gave the poor admin a bad time so he blocked her ip and she wants to get back in. :rofl:
    damn you read my mind..:laugh:

:cheers:

Your best bet is to use an 'anonymizer', which is basically a proxy server that retrieves the site for you before passing it on to your browser... One of these is;

http://www.the-cloak.com

I have this feeling that they might have disabled POST on it though :(...

I use socks5, i use a little program *cough trojan* and infect like UCLA and use their kick-ass OC-48, but a sys admin saw me and booted me
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

Quote Originally Posted by t00lb0x
    I use socks5, i use a little program *cough trojan* and infect like UCLA and use their kick-ass OC-48, but a sys admin saw me and booted me
    I'd be..

Why you little..

Well shame..

:rolleyes2

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    roflmfao! :rolleyes: yeah thankyou Wiggo :rolleyes:

oh alright, then, sorry for the "delay" but I posted this before I went to bed, and now it is morning here....

no, seriously, honestly, I dont want to do anything mean or pointless like hacking - it is actually because I want to view a certain website
    oh, feck it, ok, I want to view the website blog of an old "acquaintance" *ahem* of mine from my school days. one of my other mates told me to have a look - that it contained gossip and scandal - but.... I am the only one of our group living in this country so my IP address would give it away that it is me looking at the website!

ok? :rolleyes: ;)

ok, have just read the_cloak stuff (ty Osiris).
    but.... a) am not convinced it should be as hard as using someone else's server, and b) I dont like the bandwidth restriction (yeah, I'm spoilt!)

mebbe I'm missing a trick here, but I thought (probably incorrectly) that I could somehow mask the address?

Beefy Guest

if you want, I can help you set up a temporary VPN through my machine, so you are using my IP address to check the page... just temporarily of course

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information