Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: pc8500 prob

Post pc8500 prob

hi all
    i bought 2 kingstone pc8500d2/1g hyperx and insalled it on ga-p35-ds3r and e8400 working at 3.6 400x9
    the bios saw the ram pc6400 so i increased voltage by +0.4 and set timing to 5-5-5-15 and set the multip. to 2.6 cause i don't have 2.66 it worked good
    now i have 2 modules of ram ( my old ram ) pc6400 kingstone but not hyperx works at1.8v on 800mhz can i use one of them beside my two hyperx so it will be 3 g and reduse the multip. of ram to 2 to work all on 800 and reduce volt to 1.8 or that will reduce the performance of my computer??
    thanks

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: pc8500 prob

No, you cannot mix ram. Especially different voltage amounts

The old 1.8V ram will fry at 2.1V or more and the new 2.1V ram would not work at 1.8V

Best to keep using the new 2.1V ram and just sell the old 1.8V ram or keep and use in something else.

If you want 3 or 4GB you should be 1GB or 2x1GB of the same type/model of ram you have, the HyperX 2.1V type

i will reduce the volt to 1.8 for both cause the hyperx works at 800 mhz @1.8
    and memory multi to 2 so all works at 800
    i will loose dual chanel

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

The channels are seperate so you should not loose dual channel. But ram even if it is from the same company will not perform right with mixed chips.

The chips on both sets of those ram are made different, and made to work different. Just because you make them both work at the same speed and voltage you will not be stable

And in the end, you will have data corruption and possibly loose all of your important info.

If you do not care about your System or your Data on your Hard drive, then do as you wish

I was just trying to give you the correct answer and you seem to not want to hear it?

You cannot mix ram Modules

Thread Information