Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Pc tu-200

Question Pc tu-200

Hello,
    Iam interesting in this case and have several questions.

1. I want to put in 5.25 bay fan indicator-controller. Is it possible to remove this drive bay door?

2. I need only one HDD in my config. Is it possible to remove this HDD cage and replace it with something smaller to improve airflow from front fan?

Default Re: Pc tu-200

Hi Basilbattery,

1. The 5.25" bay does have a stealth cover, but it can be removed with a little finesse.

2. It is possible to remove the HDD cage. The one drive can be mounted in a variety of places depending on your setup. For an example, this reviewer removed the cage and mounted his drive under the 5.25" Bay. Performance/Installation - Page 5

Another option would be to mount the drive on the cage floor.
    GlobalPR.com.tw | Official Agency for Lian Li
    Visit Lian Li at www.Lian-Li.com
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/LianLiHQ

Quote Originally Posted by Lian Li Tech View Post
    2. It is possible to remove the HDD cage. The one drive can be mounted in a variety of places depending on your setup. For an example, this reviewer removed the cage and mounted his drive under the 5.25" Bay.
    In this setup I see that this guy used only one SSD drive in his setup. SSD drives really could be mounted everywhere but what to do with HDD? I planned to use both of them in my system. Do you have any idea how can I place there 2 drives without cage?

Why I am asking about cage removal? I want to build compact game system base on this case and need high-powered PSU and GPU. I want to use liquid cooling system, mounted instaed of front case fan Hydro Series I find one intersting build here with this system Silent HTPC Build so it may be placed there even with cage, but PSU with 140 mm still problem, I need it for using it with GTX 690.

Am I understand correctly if hdd cage will be removed I am not limited with PSU depth in 140 mm?

Also, could you tell me please , there is vent area for GPU on the bottom, could I mount some slim fan there for air flow increasing? I found 12 mm fans for this puproses

For the question about the slim fan, there is 2cm of space between the bottom expansion slot and the floor, so depending on how thick your VGA card is, you could potentially mount the fan you propose there.

Mounting 2 drives, a 3.5" and a 2.5" drive, would be difficult especially with a card as long as a 690. If you are keen on two drives, an option to go would be two 2.5 drives (either notebook or SSD). There is a 2.5" mount near the front on the bottom of the case, and the other 2.5" could be mounted similar to the previous link. Also, as you mentioned earlier with 2.5" drives you are free to mount as you please.

And yes, if you remove the HDD cage the length of the PSU would not be a problem.
    GlobalPR.com.tw | Official Agency for Lian Li
    Visit Lian Li at www.Lian-Li.com
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/LianLiHQ

Thread Information