Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Lian Li PC-90 still available?

Default Lian Li PC-90 still available?

Greetings

I have a question for Lian-Li tech support.

I'm considering buying PC-90 chassis, silver version. But I can't find it in any e-shop here (Slovakia or Czech Republic). I asked about it in two shops and got these answers:
    1. Not available (not even in Germany), and no further information available.
    2. Only black available, don't know why, but silver version hasn't been available for quite some time. And it is very likely, that it won't be available any more.

So, what's the status of this model? It isn't listed among "Historic Model" on lian-li website; is it discontinued, or not? It's not that I want PC-90 desperately, but I might be interested if it is available.

Default Re: Lian Li PC-90 still available?

Quote Originally Posted by ktosi View Post
    Greetings

I have a question for Lian-Li tech support.

I'm considering buying PC-90 chassis, silver version. But I can't find it in any e-shop here (Slovakia or Czech Republic). I asked about it in two shops and got these answers:
    1. Not available (not even in Germany), and no further information available.
    2. Only black available, don't know why, but silver version hasn't been available for quite some time. And it is very likely, that it won't be available any more.

So, what's the status of this model? It isn't listed among "Historic Model" on lian-li website; is it discontinued, or not? It's not that I want PC-90 desperately, but I might be interested if it is available.
    Hi ktosi,

The PC-90 is near the end of production, so if you are unable to find it in retailer's locally, you would be hard pressed to purchase one.

What are you looking for in a full-tower? Were there any attributes that drew you to the PC-90?
    GlobalPR.com.tw | Official Agency for Lian Li
    Visit Lian Li at www.Lian-Li.com
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/LianLiHQ

Quote Originally Posted by Lian Li Tech View Post
    Hi ktosi,

The PC-90 is near the end of production, so if you are unable to find it in retailer's locally, you would be hard pressed to purchase one.

What are you looking for in a full-tower? Were there any attributes that drew you to the PC-90?
    Hi

Near the end of production... that's sad news.

What drew me to the PC-90?

1. First of all; I'm not intersted in this chassis because it it fulltower. To me it's more like "Lian-Li happened to make it a full-tower". It would be perfectly fine with me, if it was designed for ATX format.
    2. What I find really good and useful is inner design, especially the part I marked with blue rectangle. As HDDs are mounted vertically, the air flow is unobstructed by HDD cage; I think this chassis would be good for positive pressure cooling.

Lian Li PC-90 still available?-innerbare-jpg

3. Full aluminium construction.
    4. Price; as far as I remember, it was cheaper (at least silver version) than Silverstone FT01 and much cheaper than FT02.

Do you plan a successor for pc-90?

Hi Ktosi,

The PC-90 is definitely one of our more unique tower chassis, and it is true that uninterrupted airflow was the focus of this case design. We don't have any current plans to update this case.

While we don't offer a case with unfettered airflow similar to the PC-90. Almost all of our newer tower cases do have modular HDD racks, which depending on how many HDDs you plan on, can help the airflow. One case you might want to check out is the PC-7H , as it offers a full aluminum construction at a pretty good price point.

Quote Originally Posted by Lian Li Tech View Post
    One case you might want to check out is the PC-7H , as it offers a full aluminum construction at a pretty good price point.
    Hi

I chcked it, and it seems to be quite good. One thing I don't like is the hole for fan on the side panel:
    Lian Li PC-90 still available?-gall-7hx-30-jpg

Is it possible to order a plain side panel?

It is possible to order a plain side panel, however it is not something you can order from a store. Instead, we would have to ship it to you from our HQ in Taiwan. Price would be dependent on your location. I can tell you upfront it won't be that cheap because of the shipping, but it is definitely an option.

Thread Information