Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Prototype Desk Chassis: DK01

lowguppy is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Prototype Desk Chassis: DK01

I love this concept. I've been working on some custom glass-topped PC designs myself recently. My own thoughts on a built-in PC Desk always seem to lead to partnering with a third party desk maker. That way the PC Chassis would be a modular part that the user can add to a customizable desk setup.

If it is going to be a stand-alone product, there are a few requirements. To be functional it needs to be height-adjustable and have a pull-out keyboard tray. It should also have a slot-loading optical drive either on the front or towards the front of one of the sides. A second 5.25 slot for future optical technology is probably a good idea too.

I am generally a fan of mini-ITX systems with a PCI-E riser for single GPU systems, but that's really a different product from what is pictured here.

Some call this system overkill, but I generally agree that if you're going to go full height, go for max compatibility and expansion options. If you're buying a piece of furniture to put a PC in, you want it to be capable of housing not just your current system, but future upgrades as well.

Cable Management could be a concern. None of those pics show power connected to the GPU, MoBo or any storage. I can't tell if there is even clearance to connect power the GPU. I can't give any concrete suggestions, but I'm sure that if you try to actually fill all of those drive slots the problems (and hopefully solutions) will become apparent.

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this.

You guys should do a limited re-release of the F1! I never had the money to buy one back then.

Any news on an updated prototype?

Quote Originally Posted by bigmahlman View Post
    Any news on an updated prototype?
    Still working on it. ;)
    GlobalPR.com.tw | Official Agency for Lian Li
    Visit Lian Li at www.Lian-Li.com
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/LianLiHQ

As much as this chassis is awesome, Can you please make the chassis on a good budget? No more than $300 or somethin? I mean, it is "just" an aluminium box supported by two legs. No components like eletronics yet.

I mean, many people want this case, but they can't afford it. And so far, this is one of the only cases that I saw, that was not too big, and not to complex either. And from it's looks and components (And the fact that it is very sturdy), it would come in a high price, am I right? But for other versions, can you change that a bit, adding or replacing some parts with cheaper ones. I would be really thankfull if that were to happen!
    Last edited by DatGameh; 05-06-2014 at 06:53 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information