Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Questions about PC-D600 Case

Default Re: Questions about PC-D600 Case

Which cooler and fan are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Orange View Post
    Gigabyter, thanks for the tip about the CapTherm MP-1120. I follow PC components off and on, but had missed that one. If it is as good at cooling as their tests indicate, it sounds like this would be ideal for me. I've been using a Noctua cooler with the quietest fans I could find for five years and planned to do the same for this new build. A big problem is finding one that clears the RAM on the motherboard.

OT

I usually don't pooh pooh a product before its release but preliminary cooling numbers generated by CapTherm themselves( ? ?) to date doesn't impress me. Their numbers, but with what fan were/are those numbers representative of?
    Again, or ? Was it a Delta screamer or a more moderate 1000-1250RPM fan used in the below comparison between coolers?

Cooling a 1090T at 100% load to only 4degC below that of the venerable Corsair H80 doesn't work for me considering the rumored $200 - 250.00USD tag.

While the MP1120's cooling capacity/specs/pricing may change, at this point in time their design leaves us with releasing the transferred heat from the CPU right back into the case. That's a deal breaker for me. To rid the case of this heat will mean either higher RPM case fans or more case fans. Meaning more noise that I must listen to and or otherwise deal with.

Captherm Introduces The MP1120 Multiphase Cooling Solution at CES 2014 - Bright Side Of News*

This pic is lifted from the above article:
    Last edited by - wardog -; 02-14-2014 at 06:50 AM.

Hadn't seen this particular article, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    OT

I usually don't pooh pooh a product before its release but preliminary cooling numbers generated by CapTherm themselves( ? ?) to date doesn't impress me. Their numbers, but with what fan were/are those numbers representative of?
    Again, or ? Was it a Delta screamer or a more moderate 1000-1250RPM fan used in the below comparison between coolers?

Cooling a 1090T at 100% load to only 4degC below that of the venerable Corsair H80 doesn't work for me considering the rumored $200 - 250.00USD tag.

While the MP1120's cooling capacity/specs/pricing may change, at this point in time their design leaves us with releasing the transferred heat from the CPU right back into the case. That's a deal breaker for me. To rid the case of this heat will mean either higher RPM case fans or more case fans. Meaning more noise that I must listen to and or otherwise deal with.

Captherm Introduces The MP1120 Multiphase Cooling Solution at CES 2014 - Bright Side Of News*

This pic is lifted from the above article:

Quote Originally Posted by gigabyter View Post
    Thanks so much! I assume the PSU rubberized rails are for noise control. I can think of an advantage with this PSU mounting orientation: No PSU bottom intake filter to clean! More questions:

(5) Can the "USB3.0 X4 / HD Audio" unit be repositioned to the bottom slot? I'd like to reposition the HDD cages to the top slots and put everything else in the bottom slots (USB3.0 X4 / HD Audio, optical drives, etc.).

(6) Is there any way to order a "replacement" solid (right side) panel?

(7) Is there sufficient clearance to apply sound dampening to the side panels?

Thanks again!
    (5) Yes it can.

(6) Sorry, but only panels with windows are available.

(7) There's less than 1 cm of space.
    GlobalPR.com.tw | Official Agency for Lian Li
    Visit Lian Li at www.Lian-Li.com
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/LianLiHQ

The Corsair Hydro Series H110 280 mm radiator uses 20 mm spacing instead of the 15 mm on more typical 240 mm radiators. The Kraken X60uses 15mm. Will the PC-D600 front left and rear right fan mounts accommodate either the H110 or the X60? I'm leaning towards the X60. Thanks!
    Last edited by gigabyter; 02-18-2014 at 12:44 PM.

The Corsair Hydro Series H110 280 mm radiator uses 20 mm spacing instead of the 15 mm on more typical 240 mm radiators. The Kraken X60uses 15mm. Will the PC-D600 front left and rear right fan mounts accommodate either the H110 or the X60? I'm leaning towards the X60. Thanks!
    The PC-D600 like most of our newer cases uses the 15mm spacing. Therefore the Kraken X60 which you were leaning towards would be the most appropriate choice.

Does the I/O port module have one or two USB 3.0 cables to connect to the motherboard? I'm trying to determine how many motherboard USB 3.0 headers I need to connect all four I/O port module USB 3.0 front-panel connections.

Are all the included case fans 3-pin?

Thanks!
    Last edited by gigabyter; 02-21-2014 at 10:42 PM.

Does the I/O port module have one or two USB 3.0 cables to connect to the motherboard? I'm trying to determine how many motherboard USB 3.0 headers I need to connect all four I/O port module USB 3.0 front-panel connections.

Are all the included case fans 3-pin?

Thanks!
    Hi Gigabyter,

There are two cables for the 4 USB 3.0 ports.

The PC-D600 case fans are 3-pin. This is true for all our cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Lian Li Tech View Post
    Hi Gigabyter,

There are two cables for the 4 USB 3.0 ports.

The PC-D600 case fans are 3-pin. This is true for all our cases.
    Does the PC-D600 support the corsair hydro series CPU coolers? Particularly the larger H100 and above models? Also how many radiator mount points are on the case? For example would I be able to have 3 H105's in the case?

Quote Originally Posted by stabby View Post
    Does the PC-D600 support the corsair hydro series CPU coolers? Particularly the larger H100 and above models? Also how many radiator mount points are on the case? For example would I be able to have 3 H105's in the case?
    The H100 and H100i will fit in the compartment behind the motherboard tray in the rear as well as above the motherboard tray in the other section.

The H105 will also fit in the compartment behind the motherboard tray, but as I believe it is 63mm thick it is just shy of fitting above the motherboard tray. The maximum radiator thickness allowance is 62mm.

Technically, all three of these models will fit in the front of the chassis in the motherboard compartment, however there are only screw holes for 140mm fans here. It would be a much better option to go with a 280mm rad here rather than a 240mm.

Additionally, in the compartment behind the motherboard tray (where the HDD bays are) I would reccommend going with at least a 280mm rad instead of a 240mm, since the compartment is capable of accommodating it anyway.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information