Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Confusion on Graphic card length compatibility on Lian Li PC-C60?

Default Confusion on Graphic card length compatibility on Lian Li PC-C60?

In lian li official website about Lian Li PC-C60 on features tab, it says maximum GPU length compatibility is 370mm while on specs tab, it says maximum 270mm compatibility. I want to install Palit GTX 780 Super Jetstream which is 280mm long.. can anyone help me with this confusion? Does it mean that I have to remove both HDD cage?

Default Re: Confusion on Graphic card length compatibility on Lian Li PC-C60?

While I'd wait for Lian Li Tech to answer .............

I did some digging on my own.

THIS German Review indicates @ 270mm they needed to remove and looks as if afterwards they reinstalled the HDD cage for their 270mm card. That tight.

Translated from the link:
    "During installation of the graphics card space is something lush, but graphics cards with 270mm PCB length fit only after the internal hard drive cage was removed."

The below pic indicates 270mm clearance below the cases stiffening cross member and 370mm above it. But above it would mean, as it looks to me anyways, no 5.25 DVD/BD drives would be able to be installed.

Pic from LIAN LI Black Aluminum PC-C60B ATX Media Center / HTPC Case - Newegg.com
    Last edited by - wardog -; 02-09-2014 at 10:13 AM. Reason: credit NewEgg pic/link
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Spyone1 is offline Member

It will handle 270mm cards in the standard configuration (i.e. as supplied).
    If you want to go to a larger card, you will have to remove one or both of the HDD enclosures.

I had a look at 4 different reviews of this case, and each and every one stated that for cards of greater than 270mm you will have to leave out one of the drive bays, or stated that "cards greater than 270mm don't fit" without going into further detail.
    Last edited by Spyone1; 02-09-2014 at 10:44 AM.

MAIN PC
    CPU
    - i7-3820 @ 3.60Ghz
    MB - AsRock X79 Extreme6 (Bios P2.80)
    RAM - 2 x 8Gb Patriot Viper 1866 CL10 Series @933Mhz
    GPU - ASUS Radeon HD 7870 Direct CU II (2Gb) x 2 (XFire)
    CASE - Fractal Design Desire R4 Black Case (windowless)
    FANS - Standard Fan CPU, 5 x FD Silent 2 140mm Fans in case
    PSU - Thermaltake R2 800W
    SSD - Sandisk SDSSDHP2 240Gb (boot)
    HDD - 2 x Seagate ST2000DM001 2Tb HDD (Storage)
    SYS - Win7 x64 Ultimate
    KB - Logitech K350 Wireless
    MOU -
    Razor Naga Molten mouse
    MON - ASUS VS247H (1920 x 1080)
    UPS - Belkin Line Interactive 1400VA 840W
    System is not overclocked at all.
    2ND PC
    AMD FM2 A10-7850K @ 3.70Ghz
    AsRock FM2A88X Extreme6+ (Bios P2.90)
    2 x 4Gb G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL

Kaveri Spectre Desktop (onboard) @ 760Mhz
    Thermaltake V9 case (1 x 120mm, 1 x 240mm fan)
    Corsair H80i Water Cooler w/2 x 120mm fans
    Seasonic G-Series (SSR-650RM Active PFC F3) 650W

OCZ Vertex 4 120Gb SSD (Boot)
    2 x ST2000DM001 2Tb HDD (Storage)
    Win7 X64 Ultimate
    Logitech G15 (6 G Keys) USB
    Logitech MX-518 mouse
    Phillips 22HFL3350D/10 (1920 x 1080)
    NAS - Netgear RN104-100AJS 4 Bay (not hooked in)
    Not overclocking

Well, if I have to remove both HDD cage, I will install HDD cage on top and remove 5.25 cage since I got external optical drive. Will it help?

I am reviewing Galaxy GTX 780 GC edition which is 266mm long. EVGA GTX 780 SC w/ACX is also same length but it is at the price of GTX 780 Ti on my country. MSI Twin Frozr GTX 780 is also of same length as these two. I am from Hong Kong

heavenrage, hehehe, this is only speculation on my part. Please don't let these posts here discourage you away from the PC-C60 until you hear from the Lian Li Tech. It's the weekend and I don't know their weekend schedule of replying here.

In waking and taking a second look at this I believe I see where/how Lian Li comes to their 370mm length.

The pic I posted above and also of the more detailed pic heavy online reviews of the case. In relation to the top two or three rear PCI openings as compared to the space left between the bottom 3.5" HDD cages and top 5.25" mounting. That space there looks to hold a single 370mm card. Maybe two, thickness allowing.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Hi Heavenrage95,

To install a Palit GTX 780 Super Jetstream in the PC-C60 both of the HDD cages would have to be removed.

To clear up the confusion: any card over 270mm in length requires the removal of both HDD cages, while most cards less than 270mm require the removal of one HDD cage.

Confusion on Graphic card length compatibility on Lian Li PC-C60?-pc-c60-06-png
    GlobalPR.com.tw | Official Agency for Lian Li
    Visit Lian Li at www.Lian-Li.com
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/LianLiHQ

Finally.. thank you for official answer.. I am gonna remove both hdd cage and 5.25 cage as well and install ome hdd cage on top of case as I already have external Optical drive.. thanks :)

Thread Information