Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Preview to CeBIT: PC-B16 and PC-A61

Default Re: Preview to CeBIT: PC-B16 and PC-A61

SidiousX touches on some great points: It would be nice to have the holes for your PCI card locking device, and your power supply hold down bracket. Both are excellent innovations.

Also, I really think you should consider offering a version without any 5.25 drive bays but just the 3.5 drive brackets/system it currenly has. ( another awesome Lian Li innovation) This version would need to be deeper to accomodate a push pull radiator setup in the front (120/140 fan support) and still keep the 3.5 inch drive bracket in the same place. Add a full mesh to front in place of the 5.25 drive bay openings and you are in business. or you could leave the openings there for those wanting to fall back to the 5.25 setup.

You could end up with a case with tripple 120/140mm rad support up top and in front, room for tons of hard drives, and great cable management.

Nowadays, flexibility is the name of the game to attract as many people as possible with different needs. I like the fact that this case already has a lot of flexibility added into it. It has to much potential to ignore.

We checked it out, and there's just not quite enough space for EATX - it will hit the top 5.25" bay
    If I decide to buy this case and be as crazy enough as to stick an EATX board in there, then I will be taking that top bay out. I would still have 2 3.5 drive bays left , the rest would go around the back.

Next stop a mini-itx version with dual 120/140mm rad support up front and up top, about 6 3.5 inch drive bays (less with a full size graphics cards), great cable management around the back.

iīm not lian li tech but i have the b16 now and itīs really nice made and i like it

first, 5.25" is not outdated, okay maybe for gamers but not when you want to built a workstation - there are lots of goodies out which uses 5.25" like hot sap and so on

i think when you need that much on hdds itīs better to buy a server tower and a server mainboard (like tyan for example) which are most e-atx or even bigger and they are too big for the b16

nothing is everybodies darling, so is the b16, but i think it was the right step from lian li to make such a case like the b16

oh, graphiccard - so 280 - 285 mm max - place without the screws for hdd is so 295 mm, so i would say 280 mm is ideal, 285 mm possible, with 290 mm maybe you get trouble

nothing is everybodies darling, so is the b16, but i think it was the right step from lian li to make such a case like the b16
    It was definitely the right step for Lian li to make such a case. However, any manufacturer with a with a lick of common sense should realize, that in order to effectively sell their products, they need to appeal to as wide a customer base as possible, without losing customers as they broaden their appeal. It is a balancing act. When a manufacturer creates a polarizing product they automatically lose customers, thereby reducing sales. Lian li's past refusal to provide proper cable management (room behind the motherboard, etc) has forced many customers away. Also, their lack of watercooling options, has done that as well. I don' t water cool, but I recognize that it is a customer base that should not be ignored. This refusal is bizzare to me, if done right it would not be expensive on their part, and would substancially increase sales. Also, simple things like cable tie downs, etc, etc. Also, as SidiousX alluded to before, just having the mounting holes pre-drilled for their PCI retention bracket, adds value to the case, thereby increasing sales.

As it stands now I like the case the way it is, and hope it does well.
    Last edited by themba; 06-05-2014 at 08:40 AM. Reason: spelling

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information