Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Questions on Lian Li V2120X case

Default Questions on Lian Li V2120X case

Hi all,

I am planning on purchasing this case and I have a couple questions. I have seen various reviews and I can see that in some of them the motherboard tray has various wholes for cabling management with rubber on them, but in other reviews it only has a couple tiny wholes at the bottom of the motherboard tray. I assume these are different versions of the case, and I would like to know how to make sure I am getting the latest version when purchasing. Is there a reference number I can check before purchasing?

On another matter, I would like to mod the side panel of the case for a window. I would like to know if its possible to buy a side panel in case something goes wrong and I need a new one. Can Lian Li provide a side panel as a spare part?

Last, this case is huge, but I would like to make sure there is space for a Thermalright Archon SB-E X2 from the motherboard to the side panel. Can anyone let me know the distance between motherboard tray and side panel? I guess it does fit, just making sure.

Thank you very much,
    Last edited by Symbionte; 03-13-2014 at 08:32 PM.

Default Re: Questions on Lian Li V2120X case

Hello Lian Li tech, have you had the chance to read my post? I would like to know on the motherboard tray matter. Regards,

eg. here you can see the motherboard tray with a lot of cable management holes that dont appear in the Lian li official web page pictures

http://forums.overclockers.com.au/sh...970571&page=10
    Last edited by Symbionte; 03-19-2014 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Symbionte View Post
    Hi all,

I am planning on purchasing this case and I have a couple questions. I have seen various reviews and I can see that in some of them the motherboard tray has various wholes for cabling management with rubber on them, but in other reviews it only has a couple tiny wholes at the bottom of the motherboard tray. I assume these are different versions of the case, and I would like to know how to make sure I am getting the latest version when purchasing. Is there a reference number I can check before purchasing?

On another matter, I would like to mod the side panel of the case for a window. I would like to know if its possible to buy a side panel in case something goes wrong and I need a new one. Can Lian Li provide a side panel as a spare part?

Last, this case is huge, but I would like to make sure there is space for a Thermalright Archon SB-E X2 from the motherboard to the side panel. Can anyone let me know the distance between motherboard tray and side panel? I guess it does fit, just making sure.

Thank you very much,
    Hi Symbionte,

We did update the PC-V2120X after its initial release, and added more cutouts on the MB tray for cable management. Almost all versions for sale now would be the updated version. But just in case where are you buying it from?

It is possible to get a new side panel, if needed, but you would have to order from out HQ.

The Thermalright Archon SB-E X2 will fit in the PC-V2120 since it is 170.2mm high, and the PC-V2120 can accommodate CPU coolers up to 180mm in height.
    GlobalPR.com.tw | Official Agency for Lian Li
    Visit Lian Li at www.Lian-Li.com
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/LianLiHQ

Hi Lian Li Tech, thank you very much for your response. I am in Spain so I was planning to order it from IzarMicro (which they dont have stock at the moment) or from Germany (Alternate, CaseKing) I asked Alternate and CaseKing and they werent able to clarify which one they had, they just said they sold the one in Lian Li web page, which didnt clarify the matter, as the pictures in the webpage are the "old" ones.

Was there any other upgrade on the case that could show the difference? Maybe USB 3 ports or something? Or maybe a production date the Lian li european provider can check?

Thank you for the clarification on the other matters. Best regards,

Quote Originally Posted by Symbionte View Post
    Hi Lian Li Tech, thank you very much for your response. I am in Spain so I was planning to order it from IzarMicro (which they dont have stock at the moment) or from Germany (Alternate, CaseKing) I asked Alternate and CaseKing and they werent able to clarify which one they had, they just said they sold the one in Lian Li web page, which didnt clarify the matter, as the pictures in the webpage are the "old" ones.

Was there any other upgrade on the case that could show the difference? Maybe USB 3 ports or something? Or maybe a production date the Lian li european provider can check?

Thank you for the clarification on the other matters. Best regards,
    Hi Symbionte,

CaseKing should have the new one. But to double check, all V2120s after March 2012 have the added MB tray cutouts. The production date is written on the bottom of the box.
    GlobalPR.com.tw | Official Agency for Lian Li
    Visit Lian Li at www.Lian-Li.com
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/LianLiHQ

Hi Lian li tech, thank you for your response, I sent you a private message, please check it out when you have a chance. Thank you

Thread Information