Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Hard Drive Vibrations

Default Hard Drive Vibrations

Hi guys, I recently bought a Coolmaster Silencio Silent case but when my hard drives spin up I get a loud humm and vibrations from the case.

I am purchasing a PC-A61 silver case in the next week and wanted to know if these cases have these problems?

thanks
    Younis

Default Re: Hard Drive Vibrations

Quote Originally Posted by Younisace View Post
    Hi guys, I recently bought a Coolmaster Silencio Silent case but when my hard drives spin up I get a loud humm and vibrations from the case.

I am purchasing a PC-A61 silver case in the next week and wanted to know if these cases have these problems?

thanks
    Younis
    Hi Younis,

I haven't built in a Silencio myself, so I am unable to attest any vibration noise, but the PC-A61 does not suffer from any HDD vibration issues. The HDD cages have a strip of rubber to prevent any noise. Also in our design of the mounting of 3.5" drives, the bottom of the HDD does not actually touch the HDD tray. It is suspended between the two sides of the tray - further reducing vibration.

GlobalPR.com.tw | Official Agency for Lian Li
    Visit Lian Li at www.Lian-Li.com
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/LianLiHQ

Awesome! Now I can't wait for my Lian-li case to come. Most if not all other brands have moved to this stupid plastic brackets that slides into a metal cage, which I know is causing the vibration.

I will post a pic of what I did to try and get that annoying vibration to stop but only after I get my A61.
    Thanks for the reply, have a [emoji2] day!

My A61 has arrived, so far no vibrations or humming. Very satisfied but just the fans are a bit too loud for my liking. Going to swap out the the fans from the old case.

Fans are in and now it's silent. 😃

Thread Information