Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PC-Q33 side panel (GPU width) clearance?

Default PC-Q33 side panel (GPU width) clearance?

On the PC-Q33, how much clearance is there for the GPU? I know that the spec for the max length is 220 mm. I'm talking about the thickness (width) of the card that will fit before it's too wide and hits the side panel. Eyeballing the design, it looks like it may fit some "2.5 slot" cards, but an actual measurement would be nice to have, taken from the PCB of a card in the PCIe slot all the way to the side panel. For example, would a card outfitted with an Arctic Accelero Mono Plus (listed at 51 mm thick) fit in this dimension? I'm assuming that the card would fit into the 220 mm listed length.

Default Re: PC-Q33 side panel (GPU width) clearance?

To me, that looks like almost a 3 slot space, 2.5 should have no issues. But that is just my eye.
    for an official answer, you will have to email support:
    Lian-Li Global | Contact us
    GlobalPR.com.tw | Official Agency for Lian Li
    Visit Lian Li at www.Lian-Li.com
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/LianLiHQ

Yeah, seems like it. I just tried asking Support. Maybe they'll have a definitive answer like an exact measurement, so I don't have to squint at images some more and pray it fits before committing money. Thanks for pointing that out.

Good luck with it. And if you do get it, send me pictures. I can post on the Facebook fan page :)

Hm, is Lian-Li normally this late on support? It's been a few days already and not even a peep of confirmation of receipt, albeit much of that included the weekend.

Ah, hi. Yes, they are slow, and careful to get exactly correct factual answer :)

If you sent Friday afternoon (our time) they would not even look at it until Monday, and its just Wed morning here now.

But, PM me the email address you gave to them. I will check how its going. Because I forgot to say... Your email must have no spaces, ,.-_ or any special characters at all.

Oops, well, I don't even remember which email I used, though I'm pretty sure it was one of the ones that doesn't have any special characters. I have like 10 IMAP accounts that all feed into my desktop Thunderbird client. Don't even ask.

Anyway, don't worry about it. If it usually takes some time, then that's all I needed to know. If I get an answer I'll share it here. Until then, life keeps moving on.

But while we're at it, might I suggest that it may be worthwhile to have a system and parser that can handle special characters and maybe even generate an automated response saying the question was received? We're talking 2015 here, though I guess Lian Li is a relatively small company after all.

You would be surprised how small Lian Li is. And yes, we have told them. "But it works, why fix it?" This is Taiwan.

Hi. I got an answer back! They say a GPU of 51mm will fit there, but be very very tight. That means right up against the non side wall. But, technically a fit :) I hope you have the perforated side version though, not the window.

I can wish you well in trying it, and would like to see it. But that is a tight fit, so proceed with caution.

Quote Originally Posted by Lian Li Tech View Post
    Hi. I got an answer back! They say a GPU of 51mm will fit there, but be very very tight. That means right up against the non side wall. But, technically a fit :) I hope you have the perforated side version though, not the window.

I can wish you well in trying it, and would like to see it. But that is a tight fit, so proceed with caution.
    Nice, thanks. I'll take that as a "maybe" and won't hold you accountable if it doesn't. To be honest, I tried counting pixels on images on the nets and came up with an estimate of 51.5 mm myself. Basically the margin of error is in the range where bending some heatpipes to squash the height slightly or sanding down a fan frame might do the trick.

I don't have the case yet. I'm just planning a build now around Black Friday-ish week sales. Depending on what graphics cards are available and how much I decide to splurge, I might just be rigging a boring two-slotter (Asus GTX 960 Strix should just fit lengthwise) or end up with something too long to fit that case anyway.

My original thought was to grab a cheap, used HD 7870 / GTX 660 or so because I'm really not all that stoked to spend much over $100 on a graphics card this late in the neverending 28 nm cycle. The problem with most of these cards is the cruddy cooling and high noise, which is probably worse now with age and use, hence planning for aftermarket cooling if necessary.

Either way, I'll let you know if I get the case.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information