Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: BP2Sata backplane not hot swap???

Default BP2Sata backplane not hot swap???

Hi ,

Hope someone can help :)

I bought a pc-q26b case recently and fully populated it with bp2sata backplanes .

With my great sorrow, the hot swap capability, doeas not work ! Everytime I insert one hard drive 1 or 2 previously recognised HDs go off line???

Istarted looking at thebackplanes and noticed that while there are footprints for hot swap circuitry , capacitors in particular, but they are not populated?
    I am seriously thinking to return case and backplanes to the vendor if I can't solve this issue.

Power supply is a recent Corsair 450W but trying with a high spech 550w from my main pc would not change the result.

Have anyone else had this issue??

Mario

Default Re: BP2Sata backplane not hot swap???

Hey Mario,

As this is a fairly technical support question, please direct it here to get the quickest answer from the engineers: Lian-Li Global | Tech Support

For added measure, if you private message me your email address, I'll send it over to Lian Li to ensure you're query is addressed promptly.
    GlobalPR.com.tw | Official Agency for Lian Li
    Visit Lian Li at www.Lian-Li.com
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/LianLiHQ

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I already did that, just before posting on this forum but no reply so far. I am going to do it again , mayble the 2nd time I will have more luck.

Just wondering which kind of Tech are you , as this seems a question someone signed as Lian-Li Tech should be able to answer ...

Something that would be useful , is to know the minimal reqiuirement for the hot swap capability.

Regards,
    Mario

Dear lian li tech,

I did everything you you said, I mailed you as well but still no reply.

Mario -- I'm sorry you haven't heard directly from tech support yet. I'm sorry I can't answer your questions directly here, as well. I'm not exactly a tech, unfortunately :( I just represent them and sometimes it's not the most timely arrangement. Please message me your email address, and I'll get in touch with tech support to prod them along to process your ticket.
    GlobalPR.com.tw | Official Agency for Lian Li
    Visit Lian Li at www.Lian-Li.com
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/LianLiHQ

Thread Information