Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: PC a04

Default PC a04

I'm planning, ahead, for my new system - the main delay being that I am awaiting the release of the new AMD Zen processors, which will be at the heart of the build.

That puts me up to Q1 2017, so I am a little ahead of the game. However, I am already doing some planning.

I have decided on the mATX format for my case, and have looked at many varied designs. Unsurprisingly, the Lian-Li PC-a04 came to be my case of choice.

It was obviously a hot release back in 2011, when all the reviews came out, but is now beginning, to show its age. The eSata, connector on the front fascia along with the usb3 cable connection at the rear being the offending items.

So, some 5 years later, I wondered whether an minor update was planned to rectify these issues?

Any comments welcomed!

Default Re: PC a04

As new mini-ITX/micro-ATX models continue trickling out, it's unlikely Lian Li will update this particular chassis, I'm afraid to say. Did you also see the PC-A41? Check it out Lian-Li Global | PC-A41 -- it's not far from the PC-A04 and was released a little later.
    GlobalPR.com.tw | Official Agency for Lian Li
    Visit Lian Li at www.Lian-Li.com
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/LianLiHQ

Quote Originally Posted by Lian Li Tech View Post
    As new mini-ITX/micro-ATX models continue trickling out, it's unlikely Lian Li will update this particular chassis, I'm afraid to say. Did you also see the PC-A41? Check it out Lian-Li Global | PC-A41 -- it's not far from the PC-A04 and was released a little later.
    Thank you for your kind reply - I hadn't noticed the PC-A41 before, and it is a nice case, but unfortunately the i/o panel is on the wrong side for me. That side of the case will be against a wall!

So it looks like I will have to settle for the PC-A04, which is still a fine case. Can you reassure me that this case is still current and in production, even though it will not be updated?

Thanks again.

I couldn't say for certain that it won't be updated, but I wouldn't get my hopes up :P

Yes, it's still very much in production!
    GlobalPR.com.tw | Official Agency for Lian Li
    Visit Lian Li at www.Lian-Li.com
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/LianLiHQ

Thank you.

Hi SNES,

I bought this case back in 2012. Either the manual is incorrect or there was a revision to the PC A04 but mine does NOT have the USB3 connector on the rear. Mine has a USB3 header which connects directly to the internal USB3 header on the motherboard. It also comes with this adapter which converts the USB3 header cable to a USB2 header cable for older motherboards. There is no rubber grommet or hole above the 80mm fan opening at the rear.

I use the A04 as my NAS because of its ability to hold many HDD for RAID and the 2 x 120mm fans provide outstanding cooling.

However after 4 years of owning this case I can tell you it doesn't age well. In order to clean the air filter you need to remove the front panel. There are 4 plastic clips which hold the front panel on, two of which are now broken. I have the exact same issue on my extremely old PC60. I suspect the plastic hardens over time, becomes brittle and snaps. I contacted Lian Li about this issue and they want $16 for 4 replacement female clips. Lian Li should really provide this free of charge.

I recommend you avoid Lian Li cases which use the plastic front panel clips. JT01 or JT03. I also have the Q28N and Q07, it does not have a removable front panel so no issues with broken clips but the filter is at the bottom. I use to like Lian Li for its quality and clean minimalist designs but not so much after finding out I need to pay $16 to repair my case. Hope this helps you out.

Thread Information