Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Anodizing my custom case as close to Lian Li's style as possible

Default Anodizing my custom case as close to Lian Li's style as possible

Hey folks, I’m having a bit of trouble finding a business that can “hairline brush” or “directionally” brush and anodize some “extruded” aluminum parts I have for a personal computer case building project. I’ve so far contacted over 15 companies in the US. About half can do the “basket / batch anodizing” that I’m told I need, but none can do the “hairline / directional brushing”. I was hoping you guys could help me out. The aluminum is a type 3003 / 5052 (For what it's worth) and a little bigger than a gaming console. It has some bends and edges but the inside of the case does not need to be brushed. Only the outside. They may have to brush around a few radius corners, but that’s it. The look I’m going for is from Lian Li cases - which are hairline brushed (horizontally) and anodized in black. Would be great to find someone who has this capability. I think I've exhausted all avenues. Unfortunately I've been down to my last option for a couple weeks....which is rapid firing emails to random anodizing businesses I've found on Google. So far no luck.

EDIT: I wouldn't suppose anyone would know who does this for Lian Li?
    Last edited by Thresh; 08-18-2016 at 05:03 AM. Reason: see edit

Default Re: Anodizing my custom case as close to Lian Li's style as possible

Lian Li has an in-house operation :)

Can't say I've ever seen a question like this. Frankly, I admire you for your efforts!

It seems you've the anodizing base covered, but as far as achieving the brushed aluminum look, have you looked into crude, yet rather effective methods: Notes and Volts: Brushed Aluminum Effect?
    GlobalPR.com.tw | Official Agency for Lian Li
    Visit Lian Li at www.Lian-Li.com
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/LianLiHQ

Default Re: Anodizing my custom case as close to Lian Li's style as possible

Quote Originally Posted by Lian Li Tech View Post
    Lian Li has an in-house operation :)

Can't say I've ever seen a question like this. Frankly, I admire you for your efforts!

It seems you've the anodizing base covered, but as far as achieving the brushed aluminum look, have you looked into crude, yet rather effective methods: Notes and Volts: Brushed Aluminum Effect?
    Ah thanks for answering personally. Mind if I ask, do you guys brush the aluminum before or after fabricating it into cases?

Thread Information