Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Lian Li Anodizing Process?

Question Lian Li Anodizing Process?

Apologies for the semi duplicate thread from a couple weeks ago, tried deleting it but didn't have the option. I've learned a lot more about anodizing since posting last.

Basically I’d like to make my custom aluminum case appear as close to the black hairline brushed style of Lian Li as possible. I have the aluminum hairline brushed but I’ve learned that there are several ways to anodize. There's 3 “classes” or “types” of anodizing, then there’s also an option for chemical finishing and anodic coating. Apparently there’s a whole designation system for anodized aluminum finishes.

Find Technical Details - Aluminum Anodizers Council

Just trying to clear up as much as possible for when I talk to a professional anodizer. I think the most important thing is the “class” or “type”, because the hairline brushing needs to show through and the different types I think will categorize the brushings overall look the most. If a rep or some anodizing genius could identify just that, I can probably figure out the rest. Many thanks everyone! I’ll post pictures when it’s all done and finished too.
    Last edited by Thresh; 09-11-2016 at 07:13 AM. Reason: grammar

Thread Information