Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Redmond/lycoris install probs

hi, i've just tried to install lycoris.rl but it hangs on "starting lizard" i am runing win98se with one partition, although i have just deleted a linux partition, any ideas on how to get the dam thing to install?

I have installed Remond only one time, I am a Solaris/Slackware man myself. Try starting from scratch on a machine with nothing on it

the machine i used had a blank FAT 32 hd, and i dont have access to any other computers (hey im only 15), thanks any way.

I think you'd be better off installing mandrake, lycoris is an interesting idea but from the reviews I've seen it's lacking a lot of the apps you get in a more mature distro.

IM getting a friend with cable to d/l me it now :D:D:D:D:D hehe, the only reason i went with lycoris cus it is only 1 cd...

Cool. I think you'll find that mandrake will do a good job of detecting your hardware as well.

i just wonna try new stuff..like linux :D:D:D:D and well of course then theres hardware that i wonna try like..er..having a bigger HD would be a start...8Gb not much to go on when ur best mate feeding you with downloads

yay i have mandrake now and it rocks :D...windows XP will have to remain my main os cus i need to use office...

I hate to be the one to tell you this...but...mandrake 8.2 is about to be released...it's only a week or so away...it's not as bad as it sounds, you can use the rpm's from cooker to update.

are there ne improvements over 8.1?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information