Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Linux kernel coder puts SCO on notice

I've been following the SCO vs Linux mess [read as B.S.] and I found this article at the Inquirer to be rather humorus:
    http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=10018
    hope you all can appreciate my twisted sense of humor :devil:

btw, I'm not really sure if this thread belongs here or not :shrug:
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

There are lots of ways to look at the whole SCO vs IBM suit. The main view seems to be that SCO is trying to get someone to buy them or infuse them with some much needed capital. The reality of the suit is the whole Unix vs. Linux superiority complex BS thats been going on since Linux was first introduced. Truth of the matter is since SCO's main products haven't been updated much except for security patches since they were purchased by Caldera there is very little possibility of any Linux code being in OpenServer or UnixWare however there's a good chance that a lot of IBM's contributions to the Linux kernel [much of which is based on Linux' scalability] may stem from IBM having access to SCO's source code. Funny thing is now Novell chimes in and says that SCO does own that at all.

All I'm interested in this case for is to see if SCO can get anything out of this other than getting its name in the public eye which it has never been able to do in the past despite very good products. It looks like an attempt at marketing on the cheap trying to get people to notice them.

Free publicity is always good right?

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDD
    Free publicity is always good right?
    unless that free publicity is bad publicity, which I think is all SCO is going to get out of this
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Thread Information