Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is there a free linux that I can use?

I've downloaded more than a few gigs from linuxiso.org and never had a single problem like this or anything else. I don't really know what to tell you, except to inform linuxiso of what happened :shrug:
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

I did go to the linux.org website and told them of what had happened. Sounds strange, I know, but what apparently happens is that ports are probed during long periods of internet connection seacrching for a reply back.. like a ping. Sometimes, one can sneak in, under the wires, so to speak and leave a key for access back in.

I use a program (now) called Protect X and appears to have helped immensly. Time of actual download of this or these files may have also been a factor. The suspicious party was from China. I have name and phone and fax number thanks to Protect X. A downoad during my night time and early morning, would have been different time in China.

Just a thought, but yes, I did leave some information at the linux org site, and the site may not be a place of source, but rather the lengthy download I did from there would have presented an "opportunity" to do a little port probing and prodding and perhaps quietly slip in un- noticed.

BTW, the Mandrake 9.1 is outstanding!! *S*

Just wish I had the savy to configure it for connecting to the internet with the direcway satellite.

vern
    "Former Nebraskan... fix it with bailin' wire."
    Vern

SYSTEM:
    MULTIBOOT -> Windows XP, ME and Mandrake 9.2 Linux

Abit KV8-MAX3
    AMD 64 Clawhammer 3200+

Kingston Hyper X 1GB DDR CAS 2 set agressively!
    Custom fan cooler for CPU
    USB 2.0 all onboard no card
    GeForce4 MX440 AGP 64MB DDR Video Card
    10/100 NIC 3Com onboard
    Leadtek TV 2000 XP video input card PCI
    160 GB ATA 133 Maxtor HD 8MB buffer
    350 W Enermax PS
    Toshiba DVD ROM drive
    Yamaha CD Burner
    Pioneer DVR-105 DVD Burner
    Logitec optical mouse on adapter
    DW 6000 Satellite 2-Way internet connection