Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sound

Have you looked at the message archives at the project home page?

Yeah, I've been browsing a good deal there at sourceforge. That quickcam driver there has my attention too.
    I think the truth is simply that I'm not up to drivers yet:rolleyes:
    I think soon that ESS is gonna' get inside the good comp - temporarily I hope.

It's quite possible I've got these repeated installation attempts garbaging up the system in untold ways - maybe it's time to flush the drive?

Not really frustrated, just the reality seems to be I can't do it, or the 3rd rate card is screwed. It's a MultiWave - not among the cards listed in the readme.

Most likely it is <Forrest Gump voice> I'm not a smart man. </Forrest Gump voice>

It would be nice to have MP3's for company while I'm playing............I mean learning.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Well I dusted off that ISA slot and put in the Ensonique card.
    Booted up Windows and made it ignore the existence of this sub-standard sound generating device (at least in comparison to the Aureal card it is:laugh: ).
    Then booted into SuSE and my goodness, Good ol' SuSE just leapt right up to the task. Told YaST2 to configure it, no problems.

For some reason the Aureal has never even been recognized as even existing in this box o' switches?? An lspci will bring it up, but not 1 thing can I do with it?
    Oh well, all that is best left to a future date to be addressed (leastways if it's me that's gotta' do the addressing, it will have to be in the future:laugh: )

But anyway WHOOHOO I got me a genuine multimedia Linux box of my very own.

Oh bless the digital deities - I can listen to stuff while I play

*dancing the "happy dance"*
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information