Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Version of Linux?

Hi guys after Windows XP failing to install on my other PC. I forgot that I there is that limit on how many times you can register it. :mad: So I've stuck a really old version of Linux on there. I'm not at home so I can postively check but I think its either 5 or 6. Can I easily upgrade to 9? Or is that to bigger jump?

Also what version are you guys/girls running? It looks like some of you have really nice skins.

check out http://www.linuxiso.org/ for latest versions of various distros.
    upgrading any distro to a newer version is never recommended. it is always better to do a clean install. it is just like windows in this case ;)

about ur last question, i m running mandrake 9.1
    :cheers:
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Quote Originally Posted by asklepios
    about ur last question, i m running mandrake 9.1
    :cheers:
    same here :thumb:
    ..I also think it would be best for you to do a clean install
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

I'm not sure now because I'm probably going to end up using that pc for games as its better than my P4. Maybe I'll have it dual booting btw wait it'll probably end up with ME on it. Annoying activation key

Another question I've been looking at the Mandrake website presumbly to download it you have to join the member club?

Quote Originally Posted by Neil2094
    Another question I've been looking at the Mandrake website presumbly to download it you have to join the member club?
    where did you read that? :confused:
    mandrake is absolutely free to download and u r not needed to join any club. they do WANT/EXPECT you to join but it is not necessary.
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Well I went to download it but it looked like that I had to join the member to club to actually get excess to the file http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/ftp.php3

if you have any doubts, just go to the linuxiso.org mandrake page and download it from there

btw, you don't have to agree to anything to download the files from the mandrake saite, just click the second 'now'
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Thread Information