Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Poll: Do you use Linux?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Who runs Linux?

Until a few months ago....
    98SE\XP Pro\RH9

Had to reformat because of stupid XP and now I don't have space to reinstall. Instead I have been messing with a few Knoppix variations. Beats 98SE by about half an hour in Seti and beats XP Pro by about an hour. I imagine RH9 is slow, it seems that it's mainly intended to provide a friendly UI for new Linux users. I kind of miss it though, can't do much of anything without using the terminal in the Knoppix I'm using. :(

I've been dual booting MDK 9.2 and WinXP pro for about a month. If it weren't for games, I probably wouldnt even log into xp.

I am currently Running Win98 se and Linux Suse 8.0 and as a first time linux user I will say that I'm overwhelmed and very impresed. Can't wait to get a better connection and start Dling the free distros. :thumb

I know alot of peeps that use Xp and say that its the best Gui ever, but Kde and Gnome puts Xp backrounds and themes to eternal Shame :devilwin

Suse 9.0 and Wine Rack included.
    Suse 9.1 will take over as soon as I get my hands on it. Prolly will use it as my only primary os then.
    Dell Inspiron 8200 laptop
    p4 1.7GHz, 1GB DDR-Ram, 40GB hdd, DVD-ROM+External DVD-+RW, connected to a BenQ 17"LCD Display (own LCD display went nuts)

I'm runnin' mdk 9.2 and win xp pro on two separate hd... it caused some difficulties in the biginning cause i'm usin a normal ide hd of 40GB for linux and a s-ata 80GB hd for windows..wouldn't boot and all that crap...:(

Linux is great, more efficient and kde is a wonderfull graphical environment couse it's natural gift of being easely customizable....
    linux revolutionises the whole concept of software.....it's free!!!! as all the soft around it!
    Alfred's PC: Cpu: Pentium 4 Northwood 2.0Ghz (FSB 400Mhz) @ 2.8Ghz ( 27-35C)
    Ram: 512 Ddr pc 2100 @ 333 Mhz
    VPU: Hercules 3d prophet 9800Pro
    Audio: terratec 5.1
    HD: Maxtor 80GB S-ATA ( WindowsXP Pro SP1)
    Maxtor 40GB IDE ( Windows 2000 - Mandrake 10 )
    Apple iPOD 10GB
    Mb: asus p4p800 deluxe
    Alfred's PC 2: AMD athlon 1500+ palomino 1.33Ghz ( can't oc cuz mobo's crappy)
    ram: 512 pc133
    gpu: stupid GeForce 2 MX/MX 400
    HD: Maxtor 60 Gb IDE
    Alfred's Crappy laptop
    Toshiba satellite 1620CDS
    HD: new Samsung 40Gb

I am running MDK 9.2 with XP as my main OS

I like my MDK because I am using Fluxbox as the window manager. Very minimalistic, no icons, no start menu, no nothing, only way to get to a program is to right click on the desktop to access a menu. Takes some getting used to.

Although I have been thinking of going to Gentoo...any recommendations on the level I should install?
    http://www.statgfx.com/statgfx/foldi..._original&.jpg

There are 10 kinds of people in the world...those that know binary numbers and those that don't

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDD
    Andy: Thanks..

I've posted my setup before in another poll so anyone interested can look here:
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/showthre...threadid=13267
    DD the link doesnt work mate

Well on my AMD computer I have Windows 98SE (the best Windows ever in my opinion, but XP is pretty nice) on my Pentium 4 computer I have Windows XP Home and I love that, and at school (me and school computer guy are close, always working on computers) I have a Pentium III running Linspire. Well I have to admit that Linux is great, but Linspire I do not like at all. Actually we (me and computer guy) were thinking about installing Linux on all the computers at school (!!). Go Linux!
    Intel Pentium 4 2.53GHZ 533FSB
    1024MB PC-3200 DDR-SDRAM
    Sapphire Radeon 9800PRO 128MB
    Foxconn 865-PE6LS Motherboard
    Western Digital WD400BB 40GB, Western Digital WD600BB 60GB Hard Drives
    POWTEC Demon 480W PSU
    Dell UltraSharp 18001FP 18" LCD Monitor
    Windows XP Professional SP2

Default Re: Who runs Linux?

Winxp pro on one machine (my main gaming one that i am using now) and Mandrake 9.2 on my old file server machine thing.
    -Michael Stanley

System: Intel Pentium4 3.0E; ASUS P4P800SE; 1Gb DDR-400(dual-channel) PC3200; ATi Radeon X800Pro 256mb; SBAudigy2 ZS; Dual Maxtor 60Gb on SATA Raid 0; 12Gb download HDD; CD-RW (56x32x56x); DVD-R; Thermaltake XaserIII case; Cambridge Soundworks DTT3500 5.1 Dolby Digital Speakers.

Default Re: Who runs Linux?

I used to run mandrake but now im just running xp home

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information