Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Linux and home network questions...

I'm going to cable internet(finally!) and planning on setting up a home network with wireless capabilities when i get a laptop for Xmas. The used laptops that i see for sale on ebay dont come with any OS and thought about Linux since its free. I'm a noob so would a laptop with Linux and my desktop with windows work ok on a network? will Windows software work on Linux? thanks

it will be VERY hard for u to install window software for linux. u will need to se if the company will make a differnt format filie so linux can read it. also, all the installing will have to be done on the console in linux.
    My new gaming rig..

[size=1.28]asus a78nx-deluxe
    2x256mb pc 3200 ddr 400.(with cooling)
    athlon Xp 2500+ ( at 200x10=2000mhz .)
    seagate 80gb 8mb SATA
    Tt vlocano 7+ cpu cooling
    Clear case from HK.
    Leaktek fx5600 128mb
    enermax 350w PSU
    wireless internet setup[/size]

(game/ftp server) windows xp pro, duron 1.4ghz, 256mb pc 2100 2x40gb Hd, radeon 9200se chieftec dragon
    canada price watch :)

getting linux and windows to talk on a network isn't difficult. depending on what software you want to use you may have a little trouble getting the software you want on Linux. Forutunatly for me my open-source addiction has made switching between windows and Linux easy since most of the software is the same for both.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

you don't need to use Windows Softwares. there are always alternatives available. we can help you find them if you tell us what you want.
    :cheers:
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Thread Information