Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mandrake 9.2 dialup problems

This modem did not come with my dell it was a seperately bought Modem, good one at that. The brand name is Cpu builders and is listed under device manager as a winmodem.

ON The Box It asaid that this was a controlllerless modem. What does that mean anyways:confused:

it means it is a software modem and it designed to work with windows (thus 'winmodem'). the card provides little more than an interface for the phone line to plug into, the CPU and OS do the rest. Real modems do most of the work on the board.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

As mentioned above yawgm0th already said he was having trouble with netzero and thats what I have too, oh well

It could be said at this point that I'm a flaming idiot. If it was a snake I'd be dead by now...You see, I have netzero(high speed), which works verywell,still sucks on the bandwidth part. Because it uses a special compression technology pages jpg's, emails,text will open up faster,but download speed of files is still ultra slow. Around 4-8k.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information