Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oldbugger! I got Mandrake 8.1 !!

The .tar.gz files need you to have your kernel src installed, look on the drake cd's for something like kernel-*-dev-*.rpm, make sure that the dev versions match the version of the installed kernel (check with "uname -a"). I don't think nvidia have any drake 8.2 rpm's yet so that option is out untill they upload some.

Nvidia have a kernal rpm for 8.1 UP....I assume that means it would include 8.2?? Come to think of it....I'll give it a try anyway.....it only takes a little time to recover if I stuff it and I figure you won't learn if you don't make a few mistakes along the way....

I have found all the variations of Linux Ive tried thus far (RedHat, Lycoris, Mandrake) to be really stable and, at the same time flexible. What I especially like is that it gives you the opportunity to think outside the "square" dictated by M$. Already I have found it allows me to work differently (I do a fair bit at home) just by using the multiple desktops. And when you start to think outside of THAT square imposed by MS software, lots of possibilities emerge.

I'm more determined to get thing working like the NV drivers from a point of view of the learning experience rather than need. Although I have worked with computers since the mid70's, it has been as a systems/business analyst rather than a pointy head (Programmer)....... am enjoying sharpening the head at the moment...but its still pretty blunt...
    The older I get...the better I was

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information