Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Linux Sound Problem

Default Linux Sound Problem

Hi all,

I decided to restart using mandrake after a long period of "windows" and now I'm facing a problem with my sound card ( It'a a C-media CMI8738-MC6 ).

Card works fine, I can listen to music, but only with xmms when I configure the oss driver to work with my c-media card; otherwise it would use the onboard intel ICH5 audio ( my moo is a p4p800 ).
    Now, all other applications seem to be using only the ICH5 audio controller and I'm forced to switch the cables of my hi-fi from the c-media sound card to the ICH5 controller and viceversa.
    Is there anyway of fixing this? ( i tryed plain' around with kmix, I tryed to edit the /proc/asound/cards file, but I'm unable to save changes even in root :( ).
    thanks,

mad_alfred.
    Alfred's PC: Cpu: Pentium 4 Northwood 2.0Ghz (FSB 400Mhz) @ 2.8Ghz ( 27-35C)
    Ram: 512 Ddr pc 2100 @ 333 Mhz
    VPU: Hercules 3d prophet 9800Pro
    Audio: terratec 5.1
    HD: Maxtor 80GB S-ATA ( WindowsXP Pro SP1)
    Maxtor 40GB IDE ( Windows 2000 - Mandrake 10 )
    Apple iPOD 10GB
    Mb: asus p4p800 deluxe
    Alfred's PC 2: AMD athlon 1500+ palomino 1.33Ghz ( can't oc cuz mobo's crappy)
    ram: 512 pc133
    gpu: stupid GeForce 2 MX/MX 400
    HD: Maxtor 60 Gb IDE
    Alfred's Crappy laptop
    Toshiba satellite 1620CDS
    HD: new Samsung 40Gb

Default Re: Linux Sound Problem

Quote Originally Posted by mad_alfred
    i tryed plain' around with kmix, I tryed to edit the /proc/asound/cards file, but I'm unable to save changes even in root
    did you exit out of X before you tried this?
    #

Thread Information