Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gathering converts

I had some initial fits and problems, mostly with the 8.1 version of Mandrake. But, I had tweaked and did soooo much to 8.2 version, that it was comming up with many errors, network, sound, etc. So... tonight I formated and reinstalled 8.1 and then upgrade to 8.2 before I even set foot inside of KDE! Sound is now working right, my KMail I configured right off the bat, and the browsers are working right, even have java. But, this time I had done a little more "educated" input when it asked for things in the initial install. Seems to have made a great difference.

There's a Linux users group near wher I live, called KLUG for "Kalamazoo Linux User's Group". It is on the verge of being the most active users group in the USA. I got my 8.2 distros from fthem for 3.00 ea

chhttp://www.msnbc.com/news/737744.asp?cp1=1 X 3 cd's. They have a high speed internet and download a lot of things. They also have http://www.msnbc.com/news/737744.asp?cp1=1Lycoris available, and might try it as well. Brhttp://www.msnbc.com/news/737744.asp?cp1=1uce Smith, the main man for knowing Linux there, sent me a llink to a MSN article on Lycoris, also known as "Redmond" . I'm including it here for you all to look at ..especially Mr. C.

Cheers!

So, I've got a little to learn about cut and paste!! ROFL!
    "Former Nebraskan... fix it with bailin' wire."
    Vern

SYSTEM:
    MULTIBOOT -> Windows XP, ME and Mandrake 9.2 Linux

Abit KV8-MAX3
    AMD 64 Clawhammer 3200+

Kingston Hyper X 1GB DDR CAS 2 set agressively!
    Custom fan cooler for CPU
    USB 2.0 all onboard no card
    GeForce4 MX440 AGP 64MB DDR Video Card
    10/100 NIC 3Com onboard
    Leadtek TV 2000 XP video input card PCI
    160 GB ATA 133 Maxtor HD 8MB buffer
    350 W Enermax PS
    Toshiba DVD ROM drive
    Yamaha CD Burner
    Pioneer DVR-105 DVD Burner
    Logitec optical mouse on adapter
    DW 6000 Satellite 2-Way internet connection

jenefarm@direcway.com

ok... I browse using Galeon... I set up and use KMail, and I like that. I like Galeon, however, when I click on a link to write someone an e-mail, it set me up with "enlightment" e-mail server, that doesn't seem to work right. It has the setting for POP and STMP, username, etc, but didn't see where I input my password, and consequently it doesn't work. How do I set it up so that ONLY KMail is the default e-mail handler? Is this done in the KDE desktop or configurations?

Also I like Galeon, but if I click on a link to "go" somewhere as a link, I get Konqueror that pops up and not Galeon. Can I set Galeon to be the default web browser of choice?

Getting Mandrake 8.2 to work reasonably well. I've been able to do just about anything I can do in Linux as I did in Windows XP.. not qujite everything, but a lot.

I have a program that sets in my taskbar in Windows XP called SOHO Stats. It resided there and lets me connect or disconnect my internet connection via LAN through my web beetle. I know there is no way to use that program here in Linux, but is there an alternative way to send a "disconnect" signal to my LAN gateway, the web beetle to disconnect from the internet, rather than just turning off the external modem?

Thanks a heap guys!

Cheers!
    "Former Nebraskan... fix it with bailin' wire."
    Vern

SYSTEM:
    MULTIBOOT -> Windows XP, ME and Mandrake 9.2 Linux

Abit KV8-MAX3
    AMD 64 Clawhammer 3200+

Kingston Hyper X 1GB DDR CAS 2 set agressively!
    Custom fan cooler for CPU
    USB 2.0 all onboard no card
    GeForce4 MX440 AGP 64MB DDR Video Card
    10/100 NIC 3Com onboard
    Leadtek TV 2000 XP video input card PCI
    160 GB ATA 133 Maxtor HD 8MB buffer
    350 W Enermax PS
    Toshiba DVD ROM drive
    Yamaha CD Burner
    Pioneer DVR-105 DVD Burner
    Logitec optical mouse on adapter
    DW 6000 Satellite 2-Way internet connection