Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CVS help required.

Get a geforce, the nvidia linux drivers are up to the same standard as the windoze ones, get the .tar.gz format and it's a good idea to print out the nvidia readme, it has excellent install/config instructions. Also I have a script that I can send you for checking a nvidia install.

Hold the phone just a minute . . . Did you realize that everything I need is on the Slackware Extras CD? It's got the Glide Libraries for 2 and 3 in tar.gz format and also packages for the card itself. I'm gonna try that when I get home.

Later

Ah, yes, I forgot about the 3dfx directory on the extra cd. I've never even looked in it before you remined me about it :eek:
    I'll have to remember about it in case I come across someone else with obsolete video equipment :D

lol, ok, I got the glide libraries installed. Now when I run "XFree86 -configure", I get beyond that initial problem, but it returns me this message then halts.

(WW) ****INVALID MEM ALLOCATION**** b: 0xf8000000 e: 0xffffffff correcting
    (EE) Cannot find a replacement memory range
    (WW) ****INVALID MEM ALLOCATION**** b: 0xf8000000 e: 0xffffffff correcting
    (EE) Cannot find a replacement memory range
    (WW) ****INVALID IO ALLOCATION**** b: 0xfffffe00 e: 0xfffffeff correcting
    (EE) TDFX(1): Cannot read V_BIOS

Got any ideas?

Try "xf86config".

when I run XFree86 -configure, I can get to the point where I choose my card, I don't see the Voodoo 5 on the list. I know this card is supposed to use the tdfx module, but it doesn't show in the list.

Try using "xf86config" instead of "XFree86 -configure".

Ok, I'm back at it again. What I've done is bought a GF4 Ti4200 for my main machine. I'm putting my GF2 Pro in my Linux box. I'm also gonna re-install Slackware, I'm going 8.1. So I'll install X along with it, see if i can get it with the generic nv driver, then install Nvidia's. Wish me luck.

Later

w00t! I just got my GF2 Pro in my Linux box, didn't install 8.1 though. And ran XFree86 -configure, it set it up automatically. And X is working wonderfully with KDE.

Later

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information