Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Please help!!!

hey guys and gals,

I just got Mandrake 8.1 and installed on my workstation at work to act as a monitor box. I have used linux distro's for many years and I am fairly good. The problem I am having though is when I setup networking and try to connect to our Windows 2000 Domain (like this : smb://SERVER.IMS-Loxley) it just hangs. And the Mandrake box does not appear in Entire Network on any of the windoze box's. What am I doing wrong?

using windows..

--sorry could not help myself..
    MY System:
    A7V133 rev5
    Athlon 1.1 (200) Volcano 6cu+
    Creative Gf2GTS /Blorb
    30 gig 7200 rpm Hdd
    16 DVD pioneer
    4x4x24 burner
    HQ08 case

Yeah we are using windows domain... We had a multi-million dollar Windows network in place before I become the Administrator. I am however making plans to switch to HP-Unix

Have you got samba installed on the mandrake box?

Quote Originally Posted by ne0z
    Yeah we are using windows domain... We had a multi-million dollar Windows network in place before I become the Administrator. I am however making plans to switch to HP-Unix
    HP-UX is pretty damn super stable.. Especially the N2000 architechture which pretty much has redundant everything..:D

yes I do have Samba installed it is version 2.2.1a I like it more than 2.2.2 for stability reasons. I have went over the smb.conf file time after time and I can not find anything wrong.

Might it be an eth0 problem then?

well guys I got it to work, it was an authentication problem on our domain server so I switched to share level auth. Now every machine works except for the new WinXP boxes in accounting.

Thread Information