Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Lycoris or Redmond?

I have downloaded a copy of Linux Lycoris from the free distro site at lycoris.org. I am wondering why when I put the install CD into my windows XP box to make sure that the ISO burned all right that it said "Redmond Linux."

Is Lycoris simply a shell built on to Redmond or did I download the wrong ISO? This will be my first real try at Linux, which is why I downloaded Lycoris, since I have heard from many that it is Linux for Windows users.

Did I download the right distro? Is Lycoris really that cool, or is there something better for someone who wants to get used to Linux and venture into the command line slowly?
    <Font size=2>"The demand to restrict technology is the demand to restrict man's mind" -- Ayn Rand
    <a style="text-decoration: none" href="http://www.whiteglovecollection.com/cord">
    <font color=blue><font face="Century Gothic" size="6">My Web Site</a></font>

Lycoris started off as Redmond Linux till they did a name change but obviously the change hasn't gone right thru. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Thread Information