Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dont be Slak

That last post was me. I just cleared my browser cache and it didn't make me log in. Anyway.

Bern is sending me the isos. yay

Looked around on my isps ftp and found the isos. 2+gig. I could prolly d/l that at about 6-7k/sec. But still, thatd take a helluva long time.

I wish they had an office down here, i could just walk in and slap 3 blanks on the desk and say 'burn em for me'

tried that with the ghetto isps in town and they looked at me and said 'linux?'
    and after explaining where it was (on their own hdds....idiots) they then wanted me to pay $5 per cd. even tho im supplying the cds.

Thanks for sending me slak btw Bern.

Done :)
    One of the disks you sent threw a write error during the burn so I used one of mine, don't worry about replacing it. I'll get them in the mail this evening...as soon as the flood subsides enough for me to get up the road to the post box :)

Was the dud blank a Kodak 80min?

I ran out of the metal azos and told the post office lady to chuck in whatever they had in stock.

I got another blank off her as well (was a kodak) and it too was a dud.

Didnt see what she put in there with my last azo.

They were a couple of vertibims (sp?) one good one and one dud.....but you get that sometimes....

'Verbatim'

They are excellent cds. I bulk brought 150 of them from Scorptec. If that one was indeed one of mine, it was the only bad one in the entire batch. (not counting botched burns with me mates dodgy sony drive)

Damm kodak ones, just burnt my game update cd, took me 2+hours to compile all my assorted game updates/mods into one location and burn, and the bloody kodak was a dud. Of course- I promptly deleted the folder after burning.....grrr

Yeah, you get that sometimes. I use TDK 700mb discs, The local Chandlers sells them for $1.25ea..bargain, I get about a 1 in 100 dud rate with them so I'm happy enough with that, I tried a box of laser cd's once...five of them were duds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information