Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Instant Messenger

I need an IM client for MSN

Please don't tell me GAIM as it doesn't have an MSN client on it, I already have ICQ so is there any clients that will work with KDE3 and Mandrake 9.0?

Get GAIM :) It works with MSN among many others. You just have to go to "Tools -- Plugins" and then select the libmsn. After that you're all ready to go.

Yep. Simple when you look around the menus and read the documentation. :rolleyes:

www.google.com/linux
    your new best friend.

I use kmess.

amsn has similar interface with the original msn messenger.
    XP1800+ (stock) with V7+ on 7VRXP rev 1.1 | R9500 128 mb softmod to 9500 pro /w dualview 17" and 15" CRT | 2x 256 pc2700 ram | Maxtor 60 GB | Sb Live 5.1 | 3Com NIC | Pioneer DVD 16x slot | Liteon 32x flashed to 40x |

If you want something like Trillian, use Everybuddy or Jabber. For ICQ, I use GnomeICU instead of Licq because GnomeICU can load contacts directly from the ICQ server. If you want Yahoo!, they have a Linux version of Yahoo! Instant Messenger. For AIM, I use GAIM. But for MSN, I think you'll have to use Everybuddy or Jabber for now.

No Webgraph, if you'd bothered to click the link I provided in my previous post you'd see that there is a msm client for linux, and licq can load contacts from the server, you must have only tried an older version.

I tried the Licq included in MDK 9.0 (very recent) and when I registered my ICQ number, no contacts loaded from the server when I connected.

You need licq-1.2.0, its in Options-->Contact List-->Use server side contact list.

I'll keep that in mind for the next time.

Thread Information