Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Got Dial-Up? Want Linux?

As a service to fellow forum members who don't have a broadband connection and who want to try linux I am willing to burn and post iso's (Australia only).

Cost is $2.00 per CD plus postage. (I recomend the 500g pre-paid satchels - $4.10 for regular post and $6.30 for express post).

Email linux-cd@p-two.net with "linux cd's" in the subject line.

[Update: I now have slackware-current + source code on a bootable install DVD for $4.00 plus postage.]

soooooold!!!!! :geek: :eek: :geek: :eek: :geek:
    I shall stir the gates of hell once more and stare into the jaws of death and laugh, for I will know fear no more.

Bern, Are you able to deliver, say redhat linux on cd in The us??:drool:
    I shall stir the gates of hell once more and stare into the jaws of death and laugh, for I will know fear no more.

I'll be in the states in November, but you should be able to get RH (or any other distro) from your local LUG (Linux User Group).

Quote Originally Posted by Bern
    As a service to fellow forum members who don't have a broadband connection and who want to try linux I am willing to burn and post iso's (Australia only).
    Which one would be the best to try? Keep in mind, I'm a "newbie" when it comes to linux. Would you suggest I get 2 different ones and try them both?

Go for mandrake or redhat for your first distro, then try slackware, gentoo or debian once you get settled in.

Yeah. Redhat is definitely the most user friendly, but mandrake is getting pretty good with that too. Redhat was my first distro.

Also, another question. What Australian ISP's are "Linux friendly"?

Thread Information