Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Lindows law suits.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    After readin' this 2nd page (most BS or miss info) I'd say that some of ya's are too filled with self importance or misunderstanding. :rolleyes2
    ah god bless you... :)
    so are we going to stop now? :hammer:
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

I'll inject one thing. Microsoft really is not worrying about Linux. Because there is no way you could PAY me to switch over entirely to Linux from Windows XP. I don't care how much Windows costs, at least it works.:mad:

My wife and daughter uses windows.. why.. they like the games. No word processing, no web browsing, no spreadsheets, no databases, no listening to music or anything. All it is to them is a modified "Atari" setup for playing some games that aren't on the Windows XP system. If they were on XP, I doubt that Linux would be used at all for them.

I have tried to configure it so we can see each other and share printers (mine) when we are on Linux. We are an island unto ourselves. No one sees anyone else. It's as if Linux was not even on a network. Might as well write letters to each other and send them US Mail.

My cost for Linux... FREE.. what's it worth .. about that! What good is having an Operating system.. even a free one... if you cannot get accomplished what you are striving to do? This is why Linux will never be the backbone of the computer industry.. never! The first time someone tries to configure something and has to re-invent the linux kernel.. then OOpps!!! out the door and here comes MS. Apple is more user friendly and at least you CAN go into a store and purchase software to run on it.

Reminds me when I was at an auction with my cousin, Rick. Were watching this item sell for a ridiculous low money, and I nudge him and ask, "aren't you going to bid on it?? It's only 5 bucks!".. He responded "A bargain ain't a bargin unless you have a use for it"... so we let it pass.. :2cents:
    "Former Nebraskan... fix it with bailin' wire."
    Vern

SYSTEM:
    MULTIBOOT -> Windows XP, ME and Mandrake 9.2 Linux

Abit KV8-MAX3
    AMD 64 Clawhammer 3200+

Kingston Hyper X 1GB DDR CAS 2 set agressively!
    Custom fan cooler for CPU
    USB 2.0 all onboard no card
    GeForce4 MX440 AGP 64MB DDR Video Card
    10/100 NIC 3Com onboard
    Leadtek TV 2000 XP video input card PCI
    160 GB ATA 133 Maxtor HD 8MB buffer
    350 W Enermax PS
    Toshiba DVD ROM drive
    Yamaha CD Burner
    Pioneer DVR-105 DVD Burner
    Logitec optical mouse on adapter
    DW 6000 Satellite 2-Way internet connection

jenefarm@direcway.com

"A bargain ain't a bargin unless you have a use for it"

Very wise indeed.:bounce:

Quote Originally Posted by Frost
    I'll inject one thing. Microsoft really is not worrying about Linux.
    that may have been true before, but it's not any longer

I'd like you to take a look though some of these articles if you think M$ isn't concerned about LInux:

http://www.openoffice.org/news.html

in fact this is a quote from the first article on that page:
    [b]Linux should pass Apple in market share for desktop operating systems on computers sold in the coming year. That means from 7% to 10% of all PCs shipped won't bear the Windows icon.
    ^that is cutting into M$'s profits, so you can bet they are paying close attention
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

How long will that last. And out of those percentages, how many will upgrade to XP so they can get done what they need to do, that linux can't.

I am an advocate of linux or actually freeware/opensource although I have never used linux. I just like the idea.
    Whereas my brother lives by it. He runs linux on anything he can. Although at work (Wells Fargo system IT manager) he works with M$.
    So he sees and knows both sides of the fence.

The bottom line, is like he told me, if you want to use linux, you are going to have to LEARN how to make it work for you.
    Whereas M$ has learned how to make it for you.

The bottom line is do you want to spend the time to learn a "new language" or not. If you do, then run Linux and have fun with it, although you will have to learn as you go.

With M$ they have made it pretty much pnp. So you don't have to learn as much.

Its all personal preference. UNTIL Linux becomes more mainstream and gets better support and LEARNS how to make it work for you, instead of you having to LEARN how to make it work for you.

My :0.2:

Chez
    SFlower/Kingwin TT-201AB-W 3 window 12 bay Black/Gold ~
    Antec 480Blue modded+UV blue sleeved-hshrink from Pc-perfomance
    A7V8X Deluxe Rev. 2.0 - 2500+ Barton ~ Aero 7+ OR TT 11 Xaser w/ TT fan tube
    MSI Ti4200-VTD8X 8X AGP w/Zalman h-pipe cooler ~ Geil 2 x 512 Cas 2.5 6-3-3-2t w/Blue HS
    WD120JB 7200 8mg Cache ~ Maxtor Quantum Fireball 60GB
    Lite-on 48x24x48x16x CDRW-DVD Black ~ Aopen 56x Cdrom Black
    Enermax 3.5" Fan controller A3FATR2 ~ Round UV Blue cables/Silver braid
    2x12” UV/Blacklight CC Sound/on-off/PCI switch ~ 2x12” Thtake Blue CC Sound/on-off/PCI sw
    ALL wires UV Blue sleeved + Hshrink - Cornea CT 1904 19" LCD BLk/Slvr ~ Microsoft™ Windows XP Pro

Knowledge is POWER

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information