Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: need helps about redhat

hello all...

i hot some troubles...
    a few days before, i got two kind of ReDHAT...
    one is called ReDHAT8 which has 3 disks, and another has 5 disks, and i dont know the version, and i am not sure which is better... any comment or suggestions?

the 5 disks one has nearly 630M for one...

pls give me hand!! thanks in advance...
    thanks for any input!
    any help would b appreciated!!
    mess with the best, die like the rest
    :hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

Well Redhat 9.0 and 8.0 both have 5 total disks. You only really need three though. I recommend booting the first disk of which one, and seeing what version it is :O)
    Box:
    [Mobo] Asus A7N8X w/ Modified 1003 Uber BIOS w/ Custom Boot logo
    [CPU] Athlon XP 2200+ Thoroughbred
    [Memory] 512 Samsung PC3200 DDR400 w/ Copper Heatsink(s)
    [Video Card] Geforce 3 ti200 128 DDR Special Gold Edition

Cooling
    [Case] All aluminum Skyhawk case w/ custom cut blowhole
    [HSF] Volcano 11 Xaser Edition
    [Northbridge] ThermalTake Crystal Orb
    [Southbridge] Aluminum Northbridge heatsink attatched

Operating System:
    [OS] Windows XP Pro w/ SP1

Are you sick of poor quality 128k mp3's that sound inferior to regular CD's you buy in the store? Do you long for the exact sound of a CD with absolutly no quality loss, and at practically half the size of a normal CD? CD's get scratched all the time, and FLAC is great for archiving all those good copies of your classic rock, and backing them up to save forever. FLAC unlike mp3, or ogg vorbis is what is called a lossless format. This means that no quality whatsoever is lost from the origianl disk. Lossy formats such as ogg vorbis, wmv, and moreover mp3 are usually flat sounding, and full of hissing and dullness because they discard and literally throw out important information that controls how good the CD will sound. Using FLAC will ensure the crystal-clear clarity that you can expect from a freshly opened CD. Instead of flimsy CD cases that snap and CD's that scratch easily, and are inevitably summoned to a poor scratched up death; FLAC files can be stored in a tough metal box known as your Hard Disk. FLAC putting life back into digital audio. If you own legit copies of CD's and seek for them pre-FLAC'd for all your digital listening needs please shoot me a PM for more information.

thanks for the comment!!! i am gonna do it right now!!!
    b right back!!:eek:
    mess with the best, die like the rest
    :hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

is that a joke or do you really have windows server 2003 for an os?
    I shall stir the gates of hell once more and stare into the jaws of death and laugh, for I will know fear no more.

No it's not a joke. Windows 2003 Server is the best M$ OS I have used ever! It is the fastest, most stable, and most secure OOTB. After some tweaking it basically turns into Windows 2003 Professional. I use it as a gaming box/mp3's whatever. You may find it hard to belive, but it's like XP Pro mixed with Windows 2000 Server :thumb: PM me if you have any more questions
    Box:

Cooling

Operating System:

Are you sick of poor quality 128k mp3's that sound inferior to regular CD's you buy in the store? Do you long for the exact sound of a CD with absolutly no quality loss, and at practically half the size of a normal CD? CD's get scratched all the time, and FLAC is great for archiving all those good copies of your classic rock, and backing them up to save forever. FLAC unlike mp3, or ogg vorbis is what is called a lossless format. This means that no quality whatsoever is lost from the origianl disk. Lossy formats such as ogg vorbis, wmv, and moreover mp3 are usually flat sounding, and full of hissing and dullness because they discard and literally throw out important information that controls how good the CD will sound. Using FLAC will ensure the crystal-clear clarity that you can expect from a freshly opened CD. Instead of flimsy CD cases that snap and CD's that scratch easily, and are inevitably summoned to a poor scratched up death; FLAC files can be stored in a tough metal box known as your Hard Disk. FLAC putting life back into digital audio. If you own legit copies of CD's and seek for them pre-FLAC'd for all your digital listening needs please shoot me a PM for more information.

Intresting.... You use windows 2003 standard edittion for games and mp3's ?

Kinda not my box of nails for me.

I have windows 2003 enterprise and windows 2003 gold server edition with 25 licence each.

I run servers and i only use xp pro to play games, windows 2003 i would say is not great for games, but it is stable for running security and managing your buisness, I dont know im not hating so chill if you get al pissy on this, but i just think that if you are going to use a 2003 server ( real copy, and if you say it is a real copy why pay that much for just gaming and music ? ) , you should use it how its supose to be used :D

But like i said if you love it then go for it

Cheers

Heritik Steve
    http://users.pandora.be/groove-online/DJsvenbanner.jpg
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DJ Heritik
    Dunloop Records - Vienna, Austria
    Time Fusion Resident - Vienna , Austria
    Liftoff CD Release May 3rd 2003 - Mix CD - Detroit Techno
    May 4th Release Double EP - Somik - Electro\Techno\Hard Techno

i completed the download of redhat 9.0 three ISO's right now.
    i want to know that what else will i need to install? any other ISO's?

wat are those 3 ISO's of source RPM's? will i require them? do they have any softwares that i might find useful later? should i download the documentation ISO's?

does redhat comes with softwares like Open Office or any other useful stuff that comes with mandrake? which one should i go with? red hat or mandrake? what do you guys think

please guys help this n00b :)
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Naw bro, I'm not gonna get pised just b/c you look at an OS differently than I do... *grabs the GTA: VC baseball bat...* Lol seriously though look @ linux. That's designed for servers, and it makes the BEST game OS. Don't believe me? Grab the latest Gentoo gaming CD w/ ut2003. Just pop it in, reboot your comp, and it autodetects everything, and launches in a very short time. It is almost 100% gauranteed to give you better FPS than nativly in an M$ OS. SERVER OS BIZNATCH!!! lol no, I'm just kidding. But I play CS, DoD, and GTA: VC on Windows Server 2003, and they run well. Once tweaked a little it is the ultimate windows operating system IMHO. Here's some :blah: of why it's better:

1. Fastest defrag I have EVER used! I used Dklite, and it is even faster than that. My box usually defrags in <2 minutes. Sometimes even under 1 minute.

2. Fastest M$ OS. That's right raw speed folks. Faster than XP, as it's not as bloated w/ ****.

3. Most stable microsoft operating system ever! It's a Server OS, it's supposed to be!

4. Most secure OOTB windows OS to date. (Can't debate this as it is :)

5. Less pre-loaded crap!

If the fastest, more stable, and most secure windows operating system doesn't sound good... Then I don't know what does.

(Lol a little *****y eh? Just my :2cents: )
    Box:

Cooling

Operating System:

Thread Information