Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: I'm kinda new and need some advice please...

ok i just bought an ASUS SiS 655FX Chipset Motherboard for Intel Socket 478 CPU, Model "P4S800D" -RETAIL...I also purchased a Intel Celeron (Pentium 4 based) 2.6 GHz 400MHz FSB, 128K Cache - Retail until i can get my hands on a P4 3.2 800MHZ. I am looking at a set of Kingston hyperX 512 MB of DDR RAM but i don't know what I am really looking 4 do i want pc3200 or pc2700 or can i get the pc3500. does this processor limit me to what i can get?? I want to take advantage of the dual channel also so does that factor in on the memory choices? I need some advice depserately...if ya could held i'd appreciate it thanks.

Go for PC3200 or PC3500. Look for memory that has low CAS latency. (2 is better than 2.5, 2.5 is better than 3).
    Here's some good dual channel:
    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...144-512&depa=0
    You can try to find cheaper or better, if you want, but I bet that would be pretty good.

thanks for the info and the suggestion of RAM...I've been going nuts on which to buy and what a good price was...my budget is like $150 so that fits in...any other suggestions from anyone would be greatly appreciated. THANKS

indeed, it would see that that is about as good as it gets. atleast for a couple of months.

OCZ good quality ram. although it is expensive. IMO better than Muskhkin ram

Thread Information