Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: How do I change the memory?

I was wondering I have in my computer 128 Mb of ram right now and I have another computer here that has 256Mb of ram now what I want to do is put the 256 in the one that has 128 and put the 128 in the one that has 256 now how can I do that if someone could give me easy step by step on how to do that. Thanks

This might help. It's the first thing I found while searching on google for you.

http://www.mysuperpc.com/pc_assembly...m_memory.shtml
    << Flunders >>

Intel Celeron CPU 2.0MHz O/C'd at 2.94MHz // Coolermaster Aero 4 // Gigabyte GA-8SQ800 SiS 655 chipset // Zalman ZM-NB47J Northbridge Cooler // Leadtek Research WinFast A250 Ti4200 64MB O/C'd at 300/585 /w Zalman ZM80C-HP Silent VGA Heatpipe Cooler and Fan // OCZ 512MB (2x256MB) PC4000 Dual Channel Gold Series DDR // Maxtor DiamondMax Plus9 120GB 2MB Cache // Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Platinum // Pioneer DVD-120 Slot Load // Enlight Endura EN-7250 case // Globalwin Super Silent 22dBA 320W ATX Power Supply // Panasonic (PanaSync E70i) 17" Monitor // Wheel Mouse Optical // Cherry G83-6000 PS2 Keyboard // Creative Webcam NX PRO

Windows XP PRO SP1

You really need to figure out what kind of memory you have. If they're different kinds, you basically can't.

since i don't know how to tell you all of this i'm going to assume that what you are wanting to do is compatible with your setups. all you have to do is open the tower, find the mobo, and take out the ram. the ram is usualy towards the top right of the mobo which usualy hangs on the wall of your tower. it is held in by two little clips on each end, just push them up and take it out. no to hard, but it's the compatibility that is the hard part.

Thread Information