Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Looking into new memory

I am looking into some new memory for my abit nf7-s. I want some good dual channel memory that can push my fsb higher. Currently I am at 210x11. Id like to spend around 160 at max if that is possible.

I was looking at this http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...144-604&depa=0

Anyone have any experience with geil or could tell me if this is a good chocie? If you can think of something better I would like to know.

Thanks,

Sancho

What are you running now? i would look into some good corsiars...or kingston hyperx..

I think I am running kingston or samsung memory (3200). But I only have one stick. Bought it a while ago...

Id just like to get two new sticks and put my current memory in another machine

2 sticks isn't going to push your fsb..what pushes it higher is better ram..so look into some hyperx and corsiar...dual channel is only going to double your bandwidth, which is always a good thing ^_^

I am aware of the benefits of dual channel and that the better the ram the higher the fsb will be. I am looking for suggestions on what I should be purchasing...

Corsair, Mushkin, Geil, Kingston, OCZ...there are so many brands with different timings and such that it is just hard to sort them out

I would go with corsair 3500..dont go above 3500 because the timings will be horrible...

I guess... 90 bucks a stick and its sold out
    http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProduc...145-459&depa=0

Looks like mushkin has about the same timings but supports higher voltages

Thread Information