Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: best ram timings for o.c.?

Default best ram timings for o.c.?

sk8v, fx53, platinum corsair LL pc3200 reg. current timings 2 6 3 2 i know these are kind of tight do you think if i relaxed them it would be worth the extra mhz. i think i can go from 2.58 ghz to 2.62 with 2.5 cas and 2.64 with cas 3.0. would the extra mhz offset the slower ram timings? anyone with the same set up? right now i score 28,583 on 3d01, 13,750 on 3d03 and, 71,000 something on am3 trying to get more.

Default Re: best ram timings for o.c.?

Well ya in the wrong forum but yes easing them off will likely give you a bit more headroom if the CPU doesn't limit you but change the tRas to between 9-11 instead of 6 as that will give you better performance as well.

thread moved

Quote Originally Posted by wayout44
    Well ya in the wrong forum but yes easing them off will likely give you a bit more headroom if the CPU doesn't limit you but change the tRas to between 9-11 instead of 6 as that will give you better performance as well.
    THANKS WAYOUT SORRY I POSTED IN WRONG FORUM AGAIN I AM NEW TO FORUMS AND DONT NAVIGATE THAT WELL YET. I WILL TRY YOUR SUGGESTIONS OUT TOMARROW. THANKS AMDMAN SORRY

Quote Originally Posted by wayout44
    you are the man wayout! thanks for your suggestion. i changed my setting and found that with 2 3 14 2 timings i was able to go from 2582mhz up to 2690mhz i am benching now so far 13770 3d03, 71853 am3, i expect to break 29,000 on 01se tomarrow. thank you SIR!

Thread Information