Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Low Latency Ram

Default Low Latency Ram

iw as reading a magazine and i saw reviews of RAM, and i saw the regular ram and 'Low Latency' ram. Apearantly low latencyram is alot faster than regular ram.

Default Re: Low Latency Ram

It's generally known by many that memory with lower latencies is faster than memory with higher latencies but what is your question?

bascily is it worth the money to get low latncy ram because it costs a bit more than regular ram.

It mostly depends on the situation but generally low latency RAM is not worth it. It would be better to buy cheaper RAM and buy the next level video card or something.

Quote Originally Posted by KoolDrew
    It mostly depends on the situation but generally low latency RAM is not worth it. It would be better to buy cheaper RAM and buy the next level video card or something.
    Now that reply shows that you're a real expert, not.

in gaming performance a better video card would be way more worth it then spending an extra $100 on expensive RAM. That is why I said depending on the situation...

And how about you correct me if I am wrong rather then criticizing me.....
    Last edited by KoolDrew; 12-04-2004 at 10:09 AM.

If you're a gamer then you should have a reasonably good video card already and if you go and read some articles about memory latencies/timings you'll then see how silly your statement is but if you don't like my statement then bad luck as I'm sticking to it.

If I had money to burn, Id go score some super low latency ram, but in my current situation, I would get more of an increase in performance by buying a high end video card than the ram

also, you might be able to get away with lowering the latency on your current ram in bios
    Direct Connect Trading Community
    www.mookiehub.com

In games you would probally get an extra 3FPS which is not worth it for how much this stuff costs. The only reason to get expensive RAM such as low latency is for overclocking or if you are a benchmarker where even a couple points higher would make a difference.

And if you are running a game at high settings like most gamers do ther ewill probally be no FPS gain at all because it will tax the GPU much more then CPU / Ram. Running low settings may notice a 3FPS increase at max.
    Last edited by KoolDrew; 12-28-2004 at 10:52 PM.

I'm not quite sure where you get the idea that low-latency RAM will produce 3FPS more at max. It depends on the game, the platform, and how much lower the latencies are. 2-2-2 RAM will get more than 3FPS increase ver 3-4-4 RAM in almost any situation. On the other hand, 2-2-2 RAM won't do that much better than 2.5-3-3 RAM on an Athlon 64 system with a GeForce 6600GT in Doom3, for example.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information