Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: OCZ PC4000 Gold VX Timing problem

Default OCZ PC4000 Gold VX Timing problem

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820227206

I ordered this RAM off of newegg and, as you can see the timing is 2-2-2-8. But when I received the RAM in the mail the sticker on it said 2-3-3-8. I didn't think OCZ even made that kind of RAM with those settings. Did they send me the wrong item or is there something I don't know about this RAM?

Default Re: OCZ PC4000 Gold VX Timing problem

If you read the Detailed Spec's you'd find that at 2.6v the timings are 2-3-3-8 but at 3.3v the timings change to 2-2-2-8 (I hope that your mainboard can supply those high voltages). ;)

lol, I feel stupid. It didn't used to say that under the detailed specs, though. I swear. I e-mailed the webmaster with the same question, maybe he changed it after that.

But yeah, I got a DFI Lanparty SLI-DR so the voltages shouldn't be a problem. I'm just wondering, though, how much can I overclock this RAM? Is 3.3 volts the highest voltage I can do safely?

I think they may go a little higher than that safely, but I can't remember. Read this article.

Thread Information