Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Memory shortage with Doom?

Default Memory shortage with Doom?

I have a question about memory. By system specs are listed below. I am playing doom3 and sometimes the game will start to run very slow. When I end the game I find out that there is a message from windows telling me that my virtual memory is too low. I turned it up to 1GB min and 2GB max and that seemed to help a little, at least I don't get the message anymore. How does virtual memory enter into the mix here, my card is only 128MB but my RAM is 1 GB, shouldn't that be enough memory. Is memory getting lost somewhere?
    Current Set-up: Thermaltake Tsunami case, Thermaltake 480 W silent purepower, MSI K8N Neo2 Plat., AMD Athlon 64 3500+ w/Venus 12 cooler, 2x512 DDR400, ATI AIW 9800 Pro w/Kingwin VGA cooler (it looks cool anyway), Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZX Gamer, 2x160 GB SATA RAID 0 HDD.

Default Re: Memory shortage with Doom?

hi all
    I suggest you go to the control panel and double click system icon and goto advance then to performance, set performance to best possible performance.

Thread Information